JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Debating... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/13359-debating.html)

Mrs.C February 1st, 2005 12:05 PM

So we are trying to for a boy this time. We have two girls, Trysten Renne and Joshlynn Marie. DH is absolutely set that I have no say so what so ever in the naming of our son. He wants his name to be Joshua Lee Jr. after him. But we are undecided on what to name the lil bean if it's a girl. We are trying out Kayden Mackenzie, but haven't got it set in stone yet.

Now here is the problem. Multiples run in my family, and according to my mother, it's my generation who is due! So if we have twin boys, DH wants the first born to be named Joshua Lee Jr. (which I have absolutley no problem with) and the second born to be Joshua Lynn! <_< I am not having two kids with the same first name!!! But he, for some reason, will not compromise with me. So i'm thinking that if I can come up with a name that flows with Joshua Lee, he will be willing to change the second borns name....hopefully.

Any suggestions?

x3 MaGs x3 February 1st, 2005 02:29 PM

Hm, well I like Kayden Mackenzie a lot. It's cute.

I think it's a little..um..insane to have two sons named Joshua :blink: It reminds me of that show that used to be on Nickelodean, Pete and Pete (they were brothers) I like Joshua Lee and Jacob Lynn (you mentioned Joshua Lynn before.) You then have two religious names. (not sure if that's what you were going for, but hey it works ;) )

HTH

Mrs.C February 2nd, 2005 10:32 AM

Thanks. I'll talk this over with DH tonight and see what kind os reasoning we could do!

Kelly February 3rd, 2005 07:54 AM

Wow, I think it will get confusing with 3 Josh names in the house. (was your DD named after him too?) Seems to me that with a Joshlynn and a possible Joshua Lee he has enough kids named after him. (No offence or anything)

I also like Jacob, I also like Jeremy.

mamaB February 3rd, 2005 09:44 AM

Yeah - agree w-others. Two boy Joshes and one girl Josh... your DH has George Foreman Syndrome :P ("Meet my 5 sons, George")
How bout a boy name that echoes *your* name instead ??? :smile:

lynnlee February 3rd, 2005 04:13 PM

Suggestions:
Jamison
Jordan
Jackson
Johnathan
Jayden

I agree that two Joshuas is kinda nuts :wacko: :lol:

mamaB February 7th, 2005 12:52 PM

Jon and Josh go together nicely, I think!

Shan February 8th, 2005 05:06 AM

JMO but if you both can't agree on a name, I think it should be eliminated from the possiblities. I agree, that's too many Joshs. What about another J name or, like MamaB said, a name that echoes YOU instead? One parent shouldn't have complete say one way or the other (unless it is the mother :lol: Lol.)

Mrs.C February 8th, 2005 10:21 AM

Well it's official. We're having twins. Now, we are just too anxious to find out what they are! I have managed to talk DH out of both being Joshua. But it is settled that the first born will be Joshua Lee Jr. We are thinking maybe a Jon/Jonathan, or Jeremy, maybe even a Jamison/Jamie. But will eventualy come down to whether they are boys, girls, boy/girl, identical or fraternal. So until we find out everything else, we are putting the name search on hold. But thanks to everyone for the wonderful input!

Mrs.C February 8th, 2005 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kelly@Feb 3 2005, 10:54 AM
Wow, I think it will get confusing with 3 Josh names in the house. (was your DD named after him too?) Seems to me that with a Joshlynn and a possible Joshua Lee he has enough kids named after him. (No offence or anything)
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

Yes, I agree. It will be very confusing. And that would make 4 because DH'd grandparents call Joshlynn, Josh!

Joshlynn was a creation by DH. The "Josh" part was after him. "Lynn" is my dad's name. aIt is also his mother's name (short for Lynda). And Marie (her middle name) is, mine, my mother's, and his mother's middle name. So she's a mut! haha. Got a little bit of everyone in her!