JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   A little peeved.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/1650156-little-peeved.html)

Londa July 28th, 2009 06:48 AM

A little peeved....

Whenever the subject of names comes up, my husband's family usually mentions once or twice that they don't reuse first names often unless it's honoring thing.

Anyway....I have ALWAYS loved the name Gloria. Always! but anytime I bring it up my dh will mention he has/had (passed couple years ago) an Aunt by marriage named Gloria.

Well I was looking through so family tree stuff and noticed that he has a first cousin with the same exact first name as huis brother. The name wasn't honouring anyone either :huh: So this whole premise of never reusing a name was just an excuse.

Time for me to vamp up my efforts to make him fall in love with Gloria again. :D

I just love that name and if he would agree to it, I would be done looking.

Oh and just because...what do you guys think of Gloria? I was thinking of pairing it with a more modern floral to modern it up a bit

Gloria Jasmine
Gloria Yasmine
Gloria Sage
Gloria Delphine

Doodle July 28th, 2009 08:02 AM

Re: A little peeved....

im not a fan of gloria, my grandmother's name was gloria and she hated her name. I have considered using Glory in the past as a way to honor her. Instead we merged her name with DHs grandpas name to = Gwen and used that for my 2nd DDs middle name

alicia1984 July 28th, 2009 08:06 AM

If you like a name then so be it! Don't let anyone stop ya. I think that's one of the most frustrating things about naming a child is that the whole family tries to get their 2 cents in.

Gloria Yasmine sounds alright. I think I like Jasmine Gloria. I would've considered Jasmine for my daughter, however in this case his family's dog already has that name. Don't think I'd want to honor the dog just yet by stealing her name for a baby.

carlyheartsphil July 28th, 2009 08:38 AM

Gloria is nice. I like the combo Gloria Sage best.

LadyGamer July 28th, 2009 08:47 AM

I like Gloria Sage :)

cheezpoofs July 28th, 2009 10:06 AM

Gloria is an alright name for a girl, nice and feminine. I think I like Gloria Sage best as well.

*Hayley* July 28th, 2009 10:24 AM

Do you like Glory instead of Gloria? I love the name Glory.

bluebutterfly July 28th, 2009 11:36 AM

I'm not a fan of Gloria. But if you love it you should use it, screw what his family thinks ;)

enchantingdragon July 28th, 2009 11:59 AM

If you like it go for it. I like Gloria Jasmine best.

.h00dihoo.this. July 28th, 2009 12:37 PM

NMSAA, but Gloria Delphine is nice.. Delphine is really different and not as common as the others!

Gaby&Emmy'sMama July 28th, 2009 03:06 PM

You fight for that name girl!