JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   If DH/SO had NO say in it..... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/1654147-if-dh-so-had-no-say.html)

Bedazzled July 31st, 2009 05:49 AM

If DH/SO had NO say in it.....

What would you name your next son and daughter?
Would you have named your child(ren) something other than the name they have?

lauriebeth July 31st, 2009 06:07 AM

Re: If DH/SO had NO say in it.....

Riley Jane
Jackson David

He's not said definitely no on these, but he's not "sold."

He likes
Riley Grace (This is fine, Grace is just so popular right now)
Logan David (I like Logan Bryant)

M&RsMom July 31st, 2009 06:28 AM

Miles Paul would have been Miles Anthony

Rhys Alexander, I have no idea I was so stuck on a name for him and DH suggested Rhys but I doubt I would have come across it on my own.

If I had a girl she'd be Daphne Elizabeth, a boy Elijah Thomas

Bedazzled July 31st, 2009 06:49 AM

Blaise would have still been Blaise Jacob. Both DH and I were/are in love with his name and feel it's perfect. I think that's why we're having a tough time coming up with another boy name we like as much...We are already 100% agreeable on a girl name that we feel the same as we do about Blaise.

Next boy would be Sutton Gregory

*Hayley* July 31st, 2009 07:53 AM

boy names, no idea!

girl name would be Georgia, mn undecided.

Mama.Angie July 31st, 2009 08:54 AM

Kairi Grace still would have been Kairi Grace. DH collaborated on the name with me. :)

However, if she had been a boy, I had already named it without him. Kegan Alexander. The Alexander MN was a tribute to him. His birth mother wanted to call him that, and his adoptive mother made it his official first name, though he goes by his second name.

IAmMomMomIAm July 31st, 2009 09:21 AM

Luke most likely would have been Justin Michael.

Lauren would still be Lauren.

Assuming I'd already used Justin Michael, my next boy would be Banner Morgan. The next girl would be Ariadne Cosette, perhaps. Middle name was always iffy.

.h00dihoo.this. July 31st, 2009 09:32 AM

well my DH wont have a say in it just because even if i suggest one to him.. hes like no to the name.. but tells me he doesnt care, that it doesnt matter what the child is named, even though he doesnt like the name lOL hes weird.. maybe it would be different if it really came down to it.. but i doubt it.. so i will be coming up with the names anyways

Girl - Harlow obviously lol mddle names are still up in the air
Boy - Macauley, middles in the air as well

now if it were twin G/B, then Harlow and Hero instead of Macauley

pumpkinpie24 July 31st, 2009 09:44 AM

Carina Rose.

For a boy, I would use Robert as the middle name but I don't know what for the first!

He's got first dibs on either a girl's first name or a boy's middle name, to honor his parents who have both passed. Fortunately, I like the girl's first name even though it's not my first choice. Same with the boy's middle name. We're still deciding on the other two. A boy's name is hard to come up with!

Toby's-Mommy July 31st, 2009 11:49 AM

Toby would still have been Tobias Kevin. Our next son, if it was up to me, would be Jonah David or Jonah Daniel. I LOVE the name Jonah and DH hates it... :(
A girl...well, that's harder. DH is in love with the name Allison, but it's too popular for me. And I just can NOT decide on a girl name that I love. Jillian was my top pick, but it's fading now...and I can't think of what else I might use. It's becoming a bit of an obession, actually, hunting for the "perfect" girl name...

ETA - I forgot about my all time favorite guilty pleasure girl name, which I might use if DH liked it too - Freya :p

Bea July 31st, 2009 11:56 AM

well we have no trouble agreeing on a girls name.. it is the boys name

I think I like Jaydon

wanting#2 July 31st, 2009 12:07 PM

Tristan Michael would have been Alexander Douglas.

My next ones would be
Rhiannon Olivia
Timothy Robert

Dh would like to have a jr for the boy and the girl named after his mom.

Momtothe6thpower July 31st, 2009 01:46 PM

Alyssa Kapri would have been Alyssa Lynae
Emmalyn would have just been Emma.
Lucas Alton would have been Lucas Aidan
The other two we both agreed equally.

But the names they all have fit them perfectly. I was a little peeved that my ex
(dd1's biological father) went on to give his next dd the middle name Lynnae. Can you believe that!!

Gaby&Emmy'sMama July 31st, 2009 09:21 PM

If Jason had no say, our girl & boy names would be:
Emersyn Grace
Kayleb Scott

If Gaby's father had had no input, her name would be:
Camdyn Jayde

bluebutterfly July 31st, 2009 09:31 PM

No one had any say in my oldest. Hayden Jacob was my choice.

Nicholas Cory would have been Cohen Nicholas. But SO wanted his name as a mn and didn't like Cohen.

If I were to have a girl she would be Kennedy London and a boy Cohen Memphis/Meyer. Not sure which mn

lil.mama.bear August 1st, 2009 12:26 PM

Lylah for a girl and Nevin for a boy. I don't think he minds these names though.

I would not have named my daughter something different because I picked out her name and I love it.

Mom2Froggy August 1st, 2009 01:17 PM

Lilyins middle name is being changed, but I love her first name and would never change it.

But for the next baby, if Tony had no say then a boy would be Kaden Taustin, and a girl Kadence. Not sure what her middle name would be :)

Babylove27 August 1st, 2009 07:19 PM

Brooklynn Skye for my next LO. I am hoping for a girl on the next time. If it is a boy, I am undecided on names, but I love Zion as a first name.

I had the name Brooklyn picked before I knew I was having a boy with my first. DH was not sold on the name Kingston, but it grew on him. I presented Royce as a middle name and he liked it. So we both ended up loving the name Kingston Royce.

MommaOnCloud9 August 1st, 2009 11:15 PM

Dh and I have agreed on these names for a future boy or girl:
Jocelyn Kate or Liliana Kate
Owen Jack Henry

Without Dh's input, our DD1's name would have been just Isabelle instead of Isabella because the former goes better with her mn (that is a family name I just had to use.)

Max Anthony would have been Maxton Anthony or Maximilian Anthony. We both loved Max but I wanted a longer, formal name (for his academic and professional future). Dh didn't like any of the long forms of Max though. (Maxwell doesn't go with our last name and Dh instantly thought of coffee/Maxwell's House everytime he heard it.) I'm not a fan of nicknamey names though. Like we both love Lily, but she would be a Liliana/Lillian/Lilyanna. I like Lucy but would use Luciana. But, out of all the nn names, Max is my favorite one. :) And, Max Anthony sounds great together.

HippieLove August 2nd, 2009 03:17 AM

Hmmm well my fav names are Isabel, Harper, Harlow and Willow I realllllly like Winter as well undecided on the gender for that one