JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Before they were named... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/1668332-before-they-were-named.html)

Bedazzled August 11th, 2009 06:30 PM

Before they were named...

Before you chose your LO's name, did you have any other names in mind? What would they have been named if they were the opposite gender? What would your name have been if you were the opposite gender?

MamaTo2Ls August 11th, 2009 06:43 PM

Re: Before they were named...

Before you chose your LO's name, did you have any other names in mind? With Lucas, we had Xavier in mind. With Laylah, we had Abigail, Hannah, Natalia and Brianna in mind.

What would they have been named if they were the opposite gender? Lucas would have been Laylah and Laylah would have been Connor or Xavier.

What would your name have been if you were the opposite gender? I have no idea.

jen747 August 11th, 2009 06:58 PM

Before you chose your LO's name, did you have any other names in mind? We were always set on the first name, but mn was going to be Mayne. I thought maybe people wouldn't like it, so we decided deciding on a different mn would give us something to focus on while I was being induced. Although we agreed on Paige within 5 minutes anyways!

What would they have been named if they were the opposite gender? Tyler Brett (his choice, not mine!! I knew it was gonna be a girl though)

What would your name have been if you were the opposite gender? Kane David I think, or just David, after my dad. They actually thought/hoped that I was a boy after already having 2 girls.

carlyheartsphil August 11th, 2009 07:18 PM

Before you chose your LO's name, did you have any other names in mind? For Alaina she was going to be Delilah for most of my pregnancy, then we had Delaney picked out for a while before finally settling on Alaina. For the twins we didn't have any names set in stone, we went with a list for each gender.

What would they have been named if they were the opposite gender? Alaina would have been Cole Oliver. The twins would have probably been Nolan and Bennett or Kieran and Bennett.

What would your name have been if you were the opposite gender? My mom has always said she was glad she had girls because she couldn't find any boys names she really liked. She told me I would probably have been James, after my grandma's brother who was killed in the Korean War.

IAmMomMomIAm August 11th, 2009 07:19 PM

Luke's name was between Luke and Elias, but I didn't like that people wanted to call him Eli, so we went with Luke. Had he been a girl, he would have been Alyssa Denise. Or at least, that's what I'd settled on. I might have changed my mind.

Lauren didn't have a name until she was born. We had no idea what we were going to name her. It was pretty much between Ariadne, Alexandria, and Michaela. Had she been a boy, we probably would have settled on Emmett Morgan.

Erica981 August 11th, 2009 07:29 PM

If C.J. was a girl, he would have been Caroline, Morgan, or Gianna.

If Gianna was a boy, she would have been Logan, Joel, Michael, or Samuel.

*~ Joni ~* August 11th, 2009 08:30 PM

For Jordana, we considered Jaidyn but it was too popular.
As a boy, she would have been Justin Christopher.

For Jacoby, we considered Justin but it was too plain next to Jordana.
As a girl, he would have been Jocelyn Mackenzie.

I was going to be Justin Michael.

babydahl August 11th, 2009 08:32 PM

Aylie was named Alexandra from my 20 week u/s til the day she was born. We didn't have a boy name since we found out she was a girl.

Layla would've been Nathaniel (Nate)

Rhett would've been Halina or Samara

My parents were planning on Ryan if I were a boy, but then my aunt had her son 10 before I was born and named him Ryan so they had nothing!

Wednesday August 11th, 2009 09:27 PM

Before you chose your LO's name, did you have any other names in mind? Before we knew we were having a boy, we had Holden, Camden, Auden, and Ezikiel on our list. We discouvered the name Koen around the same time I had my gender u/s, and settled on his name shortly after. The mn was going to be either Hayden or Ezra, but I decided to add my Dh's name instead (Philip).

What would they have been named if they were the opposite gender? His name would have been Amelie Essa.

What would your name have been if you were the opposite gender? I'm not sure. I should ask my mom that. I know she wanted to name me Fair, but decided not to at the last minute.

Miracle August 11th, 2009 10:04 PM

Before you chose your LO's name, did you have any other names in mind? Forms of "Brielle" were the most popular (Gabrielle, Gabriella, Brielle, Aubrielle). We also liked Savannah, Sophia, and Cambria.
What would they have been named if they were the opposite gender? We never had a "set" boys name. I liked Gavin and DH liked Preston.
What would your name have been if you were the opposite gender? Timothy

MommaOnCloud9 August 11th, 2009 11:27 PM

Before you chose your LO's name, did you have any other names in mind? We had our DD's name - Isabella - picked out a year before I even got pregnant. Dh would not consider anything else. He loved it!
For my 1st trimester, we had Owen Anthony picked out for our son. But, by the 2nd trimester we had his name picked out - Max Anthony. We had also considered Jake and long forms of Max.

What would they have been named if they were the opposite gender? We never fully settled on a boy's name for Isabella. We stopped searching for one when we found out she was a girl at 20 weeks. Up to that point, we had considered Julian, Sebastian, and Logan.
For Max, we considered Sophia, but later in the pregnancy we liked Liliana "Lily".

What would your name have been if you were the opposite gender? Chad (ick, I'm not a fan) Luckily, by the time they had my brother 17 months later, my parents were tired of the name and didn't use it.

MommaOnCloud9 August 11th, 2009 11:28 PM

Before you chose your LO's name, did you have any other names in mind? We had our DD's name - Isabella - picked out a year before I even got pregnant. Dh would not consider anything else. He loved it!
For my 1st trimester, we had Owen Anthony picked out for our son. But, by the 2nd trimester we had his name picked out - Max Anthony. We had also considered Jake and long forms of Max.

What would they have been named if they were the opposite gender? We never fully settled on a boy's name for Isabella. We stopped searching for one when we found out she was a girl at 20 weeks. Up to that point, we had considered Julian, Sebastian, and Logan.
For Max, we considered Sophia, but later in the pregnancy we liked Liliana "Lily".

What would your name have been if you were the opposite gender? Chad (ick, I'm not a fan) Luckily, by the time they had my brother 17 months later, my parents were tired of the name and didn't use it.

Gaby&Emmy'sMama August 12th, 2009 02:12 AM

Before you chose your LO's name, did you have any other names in mind?
I really wanted Aliya Isobel-May, but exDP didn't like it

What would they have been named if they were the opposite gender?
Kaiden Warrington-James - that was settled before I was even pregnant

What would your name have been if you were the opposite gender?
I THINK I was going to be called Frank :rolleyes: ick

Niamh ૐ August 12th, 2009 07:32 AM

We knew what we wanted to name our first child before we were even pregnant. If he was a boy, he would have always been Seamus Padraig Scott. If he was a girl, he would have been Rhiannon Siobhan.

With this baby (don't know gender yet)... for a girl, she'll be Rhiannon Caoimhe Siobhan (I added the Caoimhe part to our plan after Seamus was born). If it's a boy... we went back and forth between Conan Aengus Iain and Conan Iain Searlas. Before the pregnancy, I also had Conan Iain Alasdair on our list... but that was nixed. I think we have finally agreed on Conan Iain Searlas.

If I were a boy, I would have been David Wayne, Jr. Which happens to be my little brother's name. ;) My mom also wanted to name me Teija (TAY-uh), but my dad hated it. :( I think it's pretty.

LadyGamer August 12th, 2009 08:39 AM

wrong thread... :X I don't have kids yet.

Mama.Angie August 12th, 2009 09:37 AM

Before you chose your LO's name, did you have any other names in mind? I didn't really have other girl names in mind. I liked Molly, and considered Azalea, but until I saw Kairi, I really had NO IDEA.

What would they have been named if they were the opposite gender? I spent most of my pregnancy believing I was having a boy. It came as a total shock to me that I was having a girl. If Kairi had been a boy, I was going to use the name Kegan Alexander. :)

What would your name have been if you were the opposite gender? Apparently Duncan Knox. I hate Duncan, but love Knox.

Bedazzled August 12th, 2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh (Post 16929208)
We knew what we wanted to name our first child before we were even pregnant. If he was a boy, he would have always been Seamus Padraig Scott. If he was a girl, he would have been Rhiannon Siobhan.

With this baby (don't know gender yet)... for a girl, she'll be Rhiannon Caoimhe Siobhan (I added the Caoimhe part to our plan after Seamus was born). If it's a boy... we went back and forth between Conan Aengus Iain and Conan Iain Searlas. Before the pregnancy, I also had Conan Iain Alasdair on our list... but that was nixed. I think we have finally agreed on Conan Iain Searlas.

If I were a boy, I would have been David Wayne, Jr. Which happens to be my little brother's name. ;) My mom also wanted to name me Teija (TAY-uh), but my dad hated it. :( I think it's pretty.

I haven't heard of Tejia...I like that too. Very pretty.

Are any of you considering using the "other" names for any future children?

Blaise was always Blaise. Had he been a girl he would've been named Avenley or Kylie. Before those names we liked Keely which we are considering again for a future dd.

If I were a boy I was going to be Terrance Jacob.

Bedazzled August 13th, 2009 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christen (Post 16930659)
wrong thread... :X I don't have kids yet.

Do you know what your parents would have named you if you were a boy?

wanting#2 August 13th, 2009 09:04 AM

Before you chose your LO's name, did you have any other names in mind? Tristan Michael would have been Alexander Douglas if I had my choice. My ex wanted him to be named Seth Dale
What would they have been named if they were the opposite gender? My choice would have been Emily Nicole, my ex wanted Emma Kathleen

What would your name have been if you were the opposite gender? I think I would have been William David or William something since that is my younger brothers name. My mom wanted to call me Margaret Diane and my dad wanted to name me Gretchen. I don't know how they came up with Jennifer.

cheezpoofs August 13th, 2009 02:28 PM

Lucius' name was chosen long before I got pregnant with him. If he had been a girl, his name would have been Luna Sapphire Veann. We still love the name Luna and will use it for a second daughter (we have another name chosen for the first).

I have no idea what my name would have been if I had been a boy...