JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Too many A's? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/1669453-too-many.html)

WishingStar August 13th, 2009 06:13 AM

Too many A's?

How do two names ending in A sound? Funny or okay?

We like Arabella for a first name, dh likes Kira for a middle name. I like it too, but wasn't sure how it went with Arabella.

Does it sound like too many A's? or does it sound fine?

IAmMomMomIAm August 13th, 2009 06:31 AM

Re: Too many A's?

I typically don't like the same ending sound on a name (Lauren Morgan, Brody Anthony). But it's not a huge deal.

LadyGamer August 13th, 2009 06:57 AM

I Love Arabella. I personally think the two A's in Arabella makes the third A in Kira too much. I'm also not a bit fan of Kira, because all I can think of is the show I watched where they use "Kira" as slang for 'serial killer'.

Momtothe6thpower August 13th, 2009 07:19 AM

If you love it, you should use it! Personally, I like the sound of Kira Arabella better.

wanting#2 August 13th, 2009 08:51 AM

I usually don't mind 2 of the same letters, but the A really bugs me. I don't like to names ending in A next to each other. I have a cousin named Amanda Christina and the whole family actually calls her Amanda Jane because the 2 A's are a mouthful

Bedazzled August 13th, 2009 09:10 AM

I think it all depends on the two names. Arabella Kira isn't bad but I would probably choose a different combo.

Erica981 August 13th, 2009 11:12 AM

Arabella is a gorgeous name! I think it's A overload. I don't know what your girl's middle names are, but here are some suggestions:

Arabella Kate
Arabella Kaylin
Arabella Kacie
Arabella Kristen
Arabella Khloe
Arabella Katherine
Arabella Kieran/Kiran
Arabella Kadence
Arabella Kelly (not sure because of -bella -kell)

Miracle August 13th, 2009 07:07 PM

I think it's too many A's. I love Arabella, though!

MommaOnCloud9 August 13th, 2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christen (Post 16936299)
I Love Arabella. I personally think the two A's in Arabella makes the third A in Kira too much.

:ditto:

I especially wouldn't put a mn ending in the -uh sound with Arabella because there are already two syllables of the -uh sound in Arabella. I love Arabella though....so I'd keep it and try to find a different mn.

Although I must admit I did it with my own DD. We were in love with the name Isabella, so it was a must. And, I *had* to name my DD after my mom's twin sister who was like a second mom to me. So, her name is Isabella Alisa. FOUR -uh syllables! I don't like it but both names were a must. I tried to talk Dh into just Isabelle; but he would not go for it. I sometimes wish I would have pushed harder on that one.

So, I'm speaking from experience :) Don't do it!

L.C. August 13th, 2009 09:47 PM

I think its a bit to much also. I LOVE Arabella, its a beautiful name, but I would personally match it with something a little different.