JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   what is your naming style? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2092389-what-your-naming-style.html)

carlyheartsphil September 2nd, 2010 02:04 PM

what is your naming style?

I know this has been asked before but since we have some new faces- what do you think your naming style is? Modern, trendy, old-fashioned, old-fashioned names turned popular?

----

I think my style leans more toward old-fashioned names that are known but not overly popular. Aside from Alaina all of my daughters names have been on and off the ssa top 1000 list since the 1920s.

mamawithwings September 2nd, 2010 02:18 PM

Re: what is your naming style?

I think my style is old-fashioned names turned popular, but not ultra-trendy. I personally have such a unique name that I guess I steer clear of very unique names, but at the same time I wouldn't want my daughter to be one of the 5 Isabella's in her class.

AnnaMama September 2nd, 2010 02:51 PM

I like a variety of names really, usually quirky names that are some what old fashioned. But generally, I like a mix. :)

Julka September 2nd, 2010 03:04 PM

For girls I like at least 3 syllables and ending in A.
But nothing too over-popular like Isabella, I like more unusual names...
I also love European names, or names that are used in Europe as well as in NA.

Bedazzled September 2nd, 2010 05:25 PM

I'm not sure what I'd classify my naming style as....uncommon and slightly eccentric?

Niamh ૐ September 2nd, 2010 05:49 PM

Eccentric-Traditional & Ethnic

I like traditional names from specific cultures... but not popular in the US.

Irish_Wristwatch September 2nd, 2010 06:03 PM

im pretty sure im all over the place, I do find that I tend to like older (uncommon) names

~Valerie~ September 2nd, 2010 06:47 PM

I never thought about it :lol: If I like a name then I go for it :)

doremi September 2nd, 2010 09:22 PM

I tend to like traditional or biblical names, but prefer my children's first names to be below the top 75. Josiah was #104 the year he was born, and has been climbing the charts ever since :rolleyes:

P*to*the*ORTIA September 2nd, 2010 10:21 PM

I don't what to call it. All 3 are 1 letter away from being a common name.

Adrea (Andrea)
Ryne (Ryan)
Brin (Brian)

They're forever doomed.

kristi714 September 3rd, 2010 12:42 PM

I'm kind of all over the place too. Layla is my Daughter's name & it's fairly popular now but I have a for sure boy name picked out for our 2nd child & it's not even in the top 1,000. And then I have a few names I like for a girl for potential baby #2 and they are kind of everywhere, some are classic & some are trendy.

*CAMM* September 3rd, 2010 01:36 PM

old fashioned names.

except Scarlett is becoming more popular..but I dont know any kids in my area with the same name so not too worried LOL.

csims September 3rd, 2010 01:43 PM

no particular style with DS, he was named after his uncle who passed away as a child.
for #2 names I've been looking at are more old fashioned, not as popular but not too odd for modern times. Or I also like names that are just not as common.

and we try not to pick names that can end up being teased or picked on : )

Miracle September 3rd, 2010 02:13 PM

I like a lot of different names from a lot of different categories but as of the names I would actually use for my own child, I like really girly, feminine names for girls. I love names with cute nickname options. Boy names I'm a little more open with because I don't have a "set" style to stick with since I don't have any but as of now I am really liking short names (or one syllable) such as Cash, Eli, Jace, Drake, Reid, Jack, etc.

lexicon September 3rd, 2010 02:48 PM

For girls I really like long, girly, feminine names with nickname potential.

Boys-- simple, masculine, somewhat trendy. My favorites are Connor, Logan, Colin, Conrad, Cameron, to name a few!

Jackson'sMommy September 3rd, 2010 03:51 PM

My naming style is very eccentric.

jersey_gray September 4th, 2010 08:37 PM

I'm all over the board when it comes to names I think. Definitely more open-minded when it comes to boys names but girls should have definitively female names (NOT Taylor or Jordan or Jessie or Avery (BOY) or other unisex or boy names on girls!!!). I also prefer the given name to any nicknames in 98% of names and just prefer to name my child what I would call him/her so if I were to call my daughter Katie that is what would be on her birth certificate not Katherine. The only rule to naming my kids is that either the first or middle name has to be a family name.