JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Blue (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2100083-blue.html)

carlyheartsphil September 10th, 2010 01:18 PM

Blue

Joe Don Rooney of Rascall Flatts and his wife had a baby girl named Raquel Blue this week. WDYT of the name?

Blue seems to be a popular name among celebrity babies, WDYT of it?

P*to*the*ORTIA September 10th, 2010 07:12 PM

Re: Blue

It's not bad as a middle name.

MommaOnCloud9 September 10th, 2010 07:58 PM

I'm not a fan of it. It's okay for a mn, I guess. I'd like it more on a child if it held some kind of significance for the parents and/or child.

*PurpleMidnight* September 10th, 2010 08:38 PM

nms

Lash September 10th, 2010 09:00 PM

I like it for sure, especially as a middle name. If Ruby, Scarlett, Amber, Coral and Crystal can all be names, Blue is fine with me

*CAMM* September 10th, 2010 09:07 PM

nms

Mei Mei September 10th, 2010 10:55 PM

Ruby -gemstone with long history of usage as a name
Scarlett - from the name of an expensive cloth, as well as a color, with a long history of use as a name.
Amber- from the name for the hardened sap as well as a color (I do think it's only recently been used as a name though)
Coral - greek, from the name of the beautiful formations at the bottom of the ocean, as well as a color, long history as a name.
Crystal - gemstone (however only used as a name recently)
Blue- just a color. How many colors that are 'just' colors have traditional usage as a name? I can't actually think of any. All the others are also flowers, gemstones, etc. which is how we got the name for the color. Not vice versa.

I do think there is a difference. I don't like blue as a name, especially since it's a synonym for sad or gloomy. Eyeore's middle name might be Blue. Anyway, I don't like Amber or Crystal either since they have a dated/ almost trashy sort of feel these days, sbecause they were once so trendy. They didn't have a prior history of use.

AnnaMama September 11th, 2010 04:05 AM

I like it, it looks quite quirky in the middle spot.

Hey There September 11th, 2010 11:55 AM

I don't care for it but like it in the middle spot. I think pretty much anything can go in the middle slot!

sethsmum September 11th, 2010 12:04 PM

I like it but only as a middle name spot. I would never use it for a first name

MamaTo2Ls September 11th, 2010 12:25 PM

I think it can work as a mn. Bret Michaels also has a daughter named Jorja Bleu (that spelling), and I just love the flow of that.

twingirls52905 September 11th, 2010 12:41 PM

definately nms

Mommagain September 13th, 2010 01:43 PM

i love it as a middle name, but only for a boy.