JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Isla (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2102834-isla.html)

AnnaMama September 13th, 2010 03:48 PM

Isla

What do you think? How many Isla's do you know? Do you think pronunciation would be an issue?

Miracle September 13th, 2010 04:02 PM

Re: Isla

I think it's really cute and stylish. I don't know of any except the actress Isla Fisher. Pronunciation might be an issue with certain people but as the name increases in popularity (if it does) than it will be less of one.

P*to*the*ORTIA September 13th, 2010 05:20 PM

I think it's cute. Some people might have a problem pronouncing it.

*PurpleMidnight* September 13th, 2010 06:00 PM

I think is very cute!

L.C. September 13th, 2010 06:32 PM

I think this name is sooo pretty. It was my favorite name for some time :)
I think that since it is becoming decently heard of, pronunciation problems will be less prevalent. I just know one little Isla.

carlyheartsphil September 13th, 2010 07:11 PM

I don't know any Isla's. I think its a pretty name!

tetchy September 13th, 2010 07:53 PM

It is pretty.....but, I admit it does make me think of Dora the Explorer. The little iguana on there *sings* "Isla turn the wheel, turn the wheel Isla!"

Gaby&Emmy'sMama September 13th, 2010 09:18 PM

:) i quite like it! I don't know any myself, although I think there is one at Gaby's preschool

ladybugmomma September 13th, 2010 09:19 PM

I think you'd get some mispronunciations but not many. I only know older women with the name so I have a hard time imaging a little girl with it. Kinda like Denise, ( my moms name )

doremi September 13th, 2010 10:37 PM

I like it! I don't know any Isla's personally, but would not be surprised if it was a name that continued to become more popular. I like Vyla/Vylah even more!

jersey_gray September 13th, 2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetchy (Post 21510562)
It is pretty.....but, I admit it does make me think of Dora the Explorer. The little iguana on there *sings* "Isla turn the wheel, turn the wheel Isla!"

I was wondering what that little iguana was saying-my best guess was he was saying "Lisa".

Hey There September 14th, 2010 05:55 AM

I really like Isla! I know 2 and they are both under 3. I think it's rising in popularity so I don't think pronounciation will be an issue.

Bedazzled September 14th, 2010 08:19 AM

I think it's pretty however I am liking it less due to hearing/seeing it so much around JM :ph34r:. I have only met one Isla IRL and she was an older lady. I don't think the pronunciation will be an issue due to the growing popularity.