JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   too...twilight? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2103036-too-twilight.html)

Kelsie September 13th, 2010 07:20 PM

too...twilight?

I've liked the name Jasper for years now...YEARS...but now i'm worried that it's too twilight. wdyt?

tetchy September 13th, 2010 07:49 PM

Re: too...twilight?

I've wondered that too. I've liked Jasper since I was little and watched a show called Avonlee. Has anyone ever seen that? I bet not! lol. It was along the same line as Anne of Green Gables.

Imo-I wouldn't use it because of Twilight. I wouldn't want anyone to think that's where it came from. :(

Gaby&Emmy'sMama September 13th, 2010 09:19 PM

well, I think it is going to be associated with Twilight..... but if you really love the name, I say use it!

ladybugmomma September 13th, 2010 09:24 PM

It's not my style, but I don't think of twilight. Actually I think of Jasper off 101 Dalmatians LOL

doremi September 13th, 2010 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetchy (Post 21510519)
I've wondered that too. I've liked Jasper since I was little and watched a show called Avonlee. Has anyone ever seen that? I bet not! lol. It was along the same line as Anne of Green Gables.

Imo-I wouldn't use it because of Twilight. I wouldn't want anyone to think that's where it came from. :(

I LOVED that show!! :lol: Not EVERYONE is a Twilight fan... I personally am not, and don't immediately associate Jasper with it. I'm just not convinced that Twilight isn't more than a flash in the pan thing, and probably would not let it be the ONLY thing that kept me from using a name.

Bedazzled September 14th, 2010 05:03 AM

very Twilight at this point and time...not that that's a bad thing ;) However it won't always be associated with Twilight and as the pp mentioned, those who haven't read/watched Twilight (can't believe there are those people out there! Kidding ;)) won't associate the name with it.

I personally love Jasper :)

P*to*the*ORTIA September 14th, 2010 09:02 AM

I think some people would associate it with Twilight, but if you like the name, use it. I think it sounds really good with your other kids names.

ImagineOctober September 14th, 2010 09:43 AM

LOVE Jasper! Jasper has been on my list for years and years also and is definitely in my top 3 boy names. To me, I am not so much bothered by the association with Twilight as I am worried about it spiking in popularity. But, I love it SO much.

AnnaMama September 14th, 2010 01:07 PM

I really like Jasper, but I know so many dogs by that name I couldn't use it. Why do people use the best names for pets?!

carlyheartsphil September 14th, 2010 01:50 PM

I do associate it with Twilight but eventually that will phase out so if you love it and have loved it I would use it anyway.