JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Please help :) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2103395-please-help.html)

Crystal713 September 14th, 2010 07:11 AM

Please help :)

I am torn between two middle names. I won the first name battle so I feel like I should let him pick the middle name but I just cant decide! I like them both alot but Im afraid people will call her Emily instead of Emma because of her middle name.

S/O's pick- Emma Leigh
Mine- Emma Grace

Any feedback?

Bedazzled September 14th, 2010 07:23 AM

Re: Please help :)

I like Emma Grace much better :)

doremi September 14th, 2010 08:39 AM

I like them both! I don't think you have to worry about Emily being a problem since you very rarely call a child by first and middle names. I think I like Emma Grace a tiny bit better though.

P*to*the*ORTIA September 14th, 2010 08:56 AM

I think they both sound fine.

carlyheartsphil September 14th, 2010 01:42 PM

I think if you want to stay away from the chance of her being called Emily I would go with Emma Grace.

*~ Joni ~* September 14th, 2010 02:45 PM

I see what you mean about Emma and Leigh running together, but as a previous poster said, middle names are rarely used out loud. In writing, the name is obvious so unless you plan to call her Emma Leigh, no one will mistake it for Emily. Since you picked the first name, I'd suggest letting him have this one. Emma Leigh is great. :smile:

Oh and P.S. LOVE the way your kids first initials match! ;)

Crystal713 September 14th, 2010 03:21 PM

Thank you all so much! Surprisingly when I told S/O he could pick her middle name he chose Elizabeth instead of Leigh. So we are naming our daughter

Emma Elizabeth Wolfe

Perfect! And we both got to choose. :) Yay!

*CAMM* September 14th, 2010 04:26 PM

I was going to say..Im the exception and call my son Bryar Jordan (his middle name) quite a bit..probably over 50% of the time..I dont know why..i just do. so if you wanted to stay away from Emily..best go with something besides leigh...but it looks like you solved the problem!!

love the name.

*PurpleMidnight* September 14th, 2010 05:25 PM

I think Emma Elizabeth is cute!

1plus2plus1 September 14th, 2010 06:06 PM

I like Emma Elizabeth!

jersey_gray September 14th, 2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *CAMM* (Post 21520230)
I was going to say..Im the exception and call my son Bryar Jordan (his middle name) quite a bit..probably over 50% of the time..I dont know why..i just do. so if you wanted to stay away from Emily..best go with something besides leigh...but it looks like you solved the problem!!

love the name.

I also call my child by her first and middle name quite a bit. I gave her my sister's middle name, that's why I like to call her by both names. Plus I like double names and don't like nicknames.

L.C. September 15th, 2010 10:54 AM

Emma Elizabeth is darling :)

Isabelle September 15th, 2010 12:34 PM

Emma Elizabeth is a gorgeous name Crystal and it goes GREAT with the boys names :wub:

I'm so thrilled for you :hug:

AJD04 September 15th, 2010 06:38 PM

Emma Grace is my vote! :)

Love Emma Elizabeth too!