JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   name flow (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2104058-name-flow.html)

~April~ September 14th, 2010 06:44 PM

name flow

How important is it really? I am have decided on Eli Robert for a boy which flows very nicely. However, the girl name I am thinking about is Calise Jacie. I know that it don't sound great together, but really how often will you use your child's full name? I have fallen in love with the name Calise, which is funny because I didn't even know it existed until yesterday. Jacie is my grandmother's name and I am really wanting to use it. My mom suggested Jacie Calise, but I am wanting to use Calise as the first name.

What do you think? Does flow really matter. I am also open to 2 middle names if that will help with the flow. Any suggestions?

*PurpleMidnight* September 14th, 2010 09:10 PM

Re: name flow

I think its fine. Calise Jacie isnt too much of a mouth full

doremi September 14th, 2010 10:41 PM

Flow matters a lot to me, but that's just me. What about those times (and don't say they won't happen!) when you need to raise your voice and call your child by their full name? That is NOT a time for lack of flow! :lol: What about naming her Jacie Calise, but calling her Calise? My friend did that. Her little girl is Sarah Anne (family names), and they call her Annie.

Jacie is listed as a shortened form of Jacinda. What about Calise Jacinda? Just trying to brainstorm a bit...

carlyheartsphil September 15th, 2010 06:09 AM

Personally, I think it's fine if it doesn't flow perfectly. It's more important to me to use honor a family member with the mn then to worry about the flow.

Bedazzled September 15th, 2010 06:31 AM

I think it is important but as long as the name isn't too awkward sounding, I think it's okay to use a name that doesn't have perfect flow. I think Calise Jacie sounds fine :)

LvdL September 15th, 2010 08:18 AM

I think it sounds great. I often find names feel a little awkward to begin with, but once you and your babe grow into them they become so much more familiar, and begin to flow much more easily ;)

*CAMM* September 15th, 2010 09:55 AM

Flow matters a lot to me...I use my sons first and middle name almost always..just out of habit.

sethsmum September 15th, 2010 10:11 AM

It matters to me, but not enough to stop me changing the order. My son is Seth James Christopher, I think his middles name would flow better the other way round, but I knew someone actually called that and I just couldn't do it, they are both family names so we just went with it. I say go, its a little awkward but nothing too bad