JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Name help/suggestions (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2106068-name-help-suggestions.html)

*~Candy~* September 16th, 2010 06:15 PM

Name help/suggestions

I know i am only 7 weeks along but I am just looking for outside opinions on names.

My boys names are: Jacob Robert and Ryan Scott

I feel like they both have strong, solid names and finding a boys name to go with it has been tough.

We want to incorporate William as a first or middle name because it was my grandpa's name who just passed away and we would love to honor him as well as My DH's grandfathers name. So William is important to us.

If we used it as a first name, what about middle names? Because he may get nicknamed down to "will" i want a middle name taht sounds good with that.
Other names we like:
Mason
Eric
Sam
Noah
Matthew
Caleb
Grant

Also our last name is long and kinda hard to say- Letterly

Momtothe6thpower September 16th, 2010 06:54 PM

Re: Name help/suggestions

I love Grant William! To me, that is a strong, solid name and it sounds good with Jacob and Ryan.

If you do decide to use William as the fn then I really like William Mason/Will Mason. Again, very strong and the flow is nice with both the full name and nickname.

*~Candy~* September 16th, 2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momtothe5thPower (Post 21544057)
I love Grant William! To me, that is a strong, solid name and it sounds good with Jacob and Ryan.

If you do decide to use William as the fn then I really like William Mason/Will Mason. Again, very strong and the flow is nice with both the full name and nickname.

I love Grant William too, but my DH likes William Grant....lets hope I have enough time to convince him:p

doremi September 16th, 2010 11:48 PM

I like Grant William AND William Grant! My best friend has a little boy named William Nicholas, nn Will. I really like William as the first name, and think it flows nicely with your last name. BUT... if it is shortened to Will, then there are a lot of L's in a row when you say it with your last name. So, I guess I would lean towards Grant William. BUT... I don't really like the sibset of Jacob, Ryan and Grant. The other two boys both have two syllable first names, and Grant just feels kind of out of place to me. I think the names that flow best with your other boys are Caleb and Noah. Noah is my favorite of the two, because then you wouldn't have two boys whose names ended in B. I think Noah William is a wonderful name, and is my absolute first choice!

*PurpleMidnight* September 17th, 2010 04:59 AM

I agree about Grant William or William Grant!

mlbsnb September 17th, 2010 08:34 AM

Grant William is my favorite.

*~Candy~* September 17th, 2010 09:14 AM

Thanks everyone for the input. I do like Noah William alot too!

Isabelle September 17th, 2010 05:34 PM

Candy I can't wait to hear the final name :wub:

maggievee September 18th, 2010 02:38 AM

I'm a fan of William Mason personally. :)
Your names are all very lovely classic boy names, I think any way you choose will be lovely.

savanna.lee September 18th, 2010 04:10 AM

I like Noah William and Grant William.