JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Brainstorming....opinions? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2108418-brainstorming-opinions.html)

Candimom2 September 19th, 2010 06:05 PM

Brainstorming....opinions?

We're TTC #3 and I've been thinking about baby names. I really like Caedmon for a boy, but this spelling is pronounced "Cad-mon" and I like "Cade-mon" better.
Thoughts on that name?

For a girl I love Evelyn :smile:

LadyGamer September 19th, 2010 11:00 PM

Re: Brainstorming....opinions?

I think its a bit awkward to say and feel myself bumbling it when saying it outloud. Also, I don't think it fits well with your boys names, but some people don't mind that. Evelyn is gorgeous though :)

doremi September 19th, 2010 11:18 PM

I feel the same way as the previous poster. I would have pronounced Caedmon "cade-mon" instead of "cad-mon", but I feel like it is a name that gets tripped up on my tongue. I prefer Caden or Camden. I also don't think it is a particularly good fit with your other two boys names. They both have names that are strongly traditional, and quite popular. Caleb was ranked #31, and was ranked #2 in the latest ssa popularity rankings. It seems like a name within the top 100 would fit the best with your sibset. I think Evelyn is an excellent choice for a girl, and love the nn Evie! Good luck finding the perfect names.

MommaOnCloud9 September 19th, 2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyGamer (Post 21571291)
I think its a bit awkward to say and feel myself bumbling it when saying it outloud. Also, I don't think it fits well with your boys names, but some people don't mind that. Evelyn is gorgeous though :)

:iagree: with all said.

*PurpleMidnight* September 20th, 2010 01:23 AM

I would pronounce it as Cade-mon but the spelling Caedmon looks odd to me

Candimom2 September 21st, 2010 04:24 PM

Thanks ladies! You know what's funny? I was shopping and heard someone call someone else "Cademon" and when I heard it said, I didn't like the way it sounded :p I didn't even think about it until a minute or so later and realized what exactly they had said, lol. That rules it out for me...

We didn't intend on picking popular names with the boys and when we chose Ethan in 2006 it was down the list a ways but still in the top 100.

bunnybaker September 22nd, 2010 04:23 PM

Caedmon looks pretty written down, but saying it takes effort. I would pronounce it CADE mon because of the aed though.

Evelyn is beautiful