JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Girl name... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2109248-girl-name.html)

munchkinsmama September 20th, 2010 01:32 PM

Girl name...

Hubby and I are discussing baby names and for a girl we both like Emersyn. We are having a hard time figuring out a middle name to go with it though. We would love to hear any new options and see which one of ours you like best. Also which spelling do you like better Emersyn or Emerson? Her nickname will be Emma or Emmy. Thanks! :)

Emersyn Paige
Emersyn Claire
Emersyn Reese

Emerson Paige
Emerson Claire
Emerson Reese

LadyGamer September 20th, 2010 01:39 PM

Re: Girl name...

I greatly prefer the Emerson spelling, by far! I think Emerson Claire is really pretty, as Claire brings a femininity to the name :)

Bedazzled September 20th, 2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyGamer (Post 21577823)
I greatly prefer the Emerson spelling, by far! I think Emerson Claire is really pretty, as Claire brings a femininity to the name :)

Ditto this completely. With a unisex name such as Emerson, I really like a feminine middle name. I think Emerson Claire is beautiful :)

Luv2Laugh September 21st, 2010 10:25 AM

Emmerson is the one name that has stuck out for a while with me. I love it :-) Probably use the name Emmie/Emmy(not sure on spelling)
Out of the ones you listed, I like Paige or Reese. Not a huge fan of Claire, but it's not awful. I am thinking Elizabeth after my mom.
Quote:

Originally Posted by munchkinsmama (Post 21577740)
Hubby and I are discussing baby names and for a girl we both like Emersyn. We are having a hard time figuring out a middle name to go with it though. We would love to hear any new options and see which one of ours you like best. Also which spelling do you like better Emersyn or Emerson? Her nickname will be Emma or Emmy. Thanks! :)

Emersyn Paige
Emersyn Claire
Emersyn Reese

Emerson Paige
Emerson Claire
Emerson Reese

doremi September 21st, 2010 10:32 AM

I like Emerson Claire, and definitely prefer the Emerson spelling over Emersyn.

loquinn September 21st, 2010 10:57 AM

Emerson Paige :)

carlyheartsphil September 21st, 2010 03:39 PM

Emerson Claire gets my vote!

other suggestions:
Emerson June
Emerson Nicole
Emerson Jade
Emerson Mae

AllisonC September 21st, 2010 08:16 PM

I like Emersyn Claire. But, I kinda like it spelled with the "y" because it makes it more feminine. And, I like Emmy as the nn.

Great names!

dansgirl September 21st, 2010 09:01 PM

LOVE this name! Like it spelled Emersyn WAY better. I love Emersyn Claire. :)

mommy.to.princess.alia September 21st, 2010 10:09 PM

I love Emmersyn Rose :wub:

Miracle September 22nd, 2010 01:59 AM

I think I prefer the Emersyn spelling. Usually I'm not too big of a fan of "different" spellings because I think that would be annoying to always be correcting everyone BUT I think I prefer them when it's a boyish name turned feminine so you can tell it's a girls name. I would wonder if Emerson was a boy or a girl but I would assume Emersyn was a girl...

I would pair Emersyn with a frilly middle name such as

Emersyn Isabella. :wub:
Emersyn Victoria
Emersyn Lily
Emersyn Brielle
Emersyn Delilah
Emersyn Natalie
Emersyn Olivia

twingirls52905 September 22nd, 2010 01:07 PM

I like Emersyn Claire best.

demumbran0516 September 22nd, 2010 02:13 PM

I really like Paige or Claire. I also think that an extremely feminine middle name is needed because Emerson is a unisex name. But it is a beautiful name!

bunnybaker September 22nd, 2010 05:20 PM

Emerson Claire is the winner for me....

That y looks wonky in the first batch of names.

maggievee September 22nd, 2010 11:11 PM

I agree with Emerson Claire.
I'm personally not a big fan of the "y" just because it's used so often now and I think it just doesn't look right. -shrug-

rubyredslipperz September 24th, 2010 08:54 AM

For a girl I prefer the spelling Emersyn better, I guess when its spelled Emerson with the word 'son' in it strikes it more of a boy name to me.. JMO tho.

I love Emersyn Paige, has a ring to it!

SimplyMrs.L September 24th, 2010 09:22 AM

I love Emersyn! It's at the top of my list if we have a girl. I like it the y spelling because, like other posters said, it's more feminine. I agree that Emersyn Claire sounds beautiful together.