JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Speaking of Baby Names... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2110681-speaking-baby-names.html)

MommiNikki September 21st, 2010 08:30 PM

Speaking of Baby Names...

For those of you who have children... did you name your child what you had planned or did you change it at the last minute?

Did something influence the name you kept?

I was originally going to name my daughter Octavia, unsure of the middle name, but I ended up going through the nesting phase... and was listening to Toni-Tone'-Tone and the song, "Ask of You" came on- it's the one that says, "I love you Deja..." and I decided to name my daughter Daysha.. middle name Johnnie- Boys name with a girly spelling :p

MommaOnCloud9 September 21st, 2010 10:54 PM

Re: Speaking of Baby Names...

With DD, we had her name picked out before conception.

With DS1, we had his name picked out about midway through the pregnancy.

With this pregnancy, we picked out names at the end of the 2nd trimester.
Once we "set" names, they're pretty set. :lol:

As far as influences, I didn't mean to do this on purpose, but all three of my boys have names of characters Clive Owen has played. :wub:
http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/im...-1-0309-lg.jpg

It was in his Children of Men movie that I first heard the name Theo and I loved it (nope, I've never watched a Cosby epi so that Theo was no influence).

We even had Owen picked out for the first half of my pregnancy with Max and if we couldn't find anything else we liked more for this pregnancy, we were going to use Owen for one of the boys. :lol:

doremi September 21st, 2010 10:57 PM

We had Josiah's name picked out pretty much from the beginning, and by the time he was actually born, he had been Josiah in our minds for so long that there was no way his name was going to change!

Miracle September 22nd, 2010 01:53 AM

With both of my girls their names were decided at the hospital! Gabriella's name was picked while I was in labor and Cambria's name was picked the day after she was born. I don't think I would've ever made a decision if I didn't have to!

Bedazzled September 22nd, 2010 10:52 AM

We stuck with the name we had planned on before he was conceived. I'm a big planner so I can't imagine not having a name picked out ahead of time :p It's driving me crazy right now that I can't find a boy name I love. Had my son been a girl we had two names that we were going to choose from but we were pretty heavily leaning toward one of them.

KirstyB September 22nd, 2010 01:04 PM

Owen has been Owen since way before he was conceived.
Our first girl will be Maria. That will not change.
Not sure about next boys name though.

demumbran0516 September 22nd, 2010 02:17 PM

I don't have children, But my mom did name me Whitney Renee when I was born. When my father found out (they were divorced at the time) he went crazy and demanded she change my name. I ended up a Courtney because it sounded more southern.

carlyheartsphil September 22nd, 2010 08:39 PM

We picked out Alaina about 3/4s of the way through my pregnancy, originally we wanted Delilah.

Our other three girls were named after they were born because we kept didn't find out the genders!

cheezpoofs September 23rd, 2010 11:39 AM

We've chosen our babies names before conception and so far haven't changed our minds (though we do need to choose a first middle name after birth if Baby Pickles is a boy)....