JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   in your professional opinion...... :) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2113493-your-professional-opinion.html)

stiritup September 24th, 2010 11:48 AM

in your professional opinion...... :)

we are still having trouble coming up with a boy's name for the newest member of our family (if it is in fact a boy!) there are a bunch of names that i like, but they all end with an "n" - like jaxon or finn. or they start with a "b" like bryce or brady. our last name is bankson though. so i'm not sure if names like that fit with our last name:

jaxon bankson?
finn bankson (that's a lot of "n"s)
bryce bankson?
brady bankson?

do you try to avoid first names that start or end with the same letter of your last name? is it just me? am i being too OCD about it?

LadyGamer September 24th, 2010 12:09 PM

Re: in your professional opinion...... :)

The only one I don't think sounds bad, is Finn Bankson. I don't notice the lots of Ns at all.

demumbran0516 September 24th, 2010 12:12 PM

I like Bryce. I don't think the LN overpowers it. I dont look at LN tho when picking out a name until I have a definite yes on it. That's why I don't think we are going with any D names. Last name is Demumbran so when the time comes and if I have a girl it would be DD. Yeah I am well endowed, don't wanna give kids that chance to tease.

Bedazzled September 24th, 2010 02:32 PM

I don't like the sound of Jaxon Bankson....Bryce or Brady could work but I'm not a huge fan of same letter first/last names. I do like Finn Bankson.

*~ Joni ~* September 24th, 2010 05:35 PM

I like Bryce best with your last name.

Finn 2nd best

:smile:

JessCox1313 September 24th, 2010 06:25 PM

I like Finn especially with your other kiddos! I think the combo sounds just fine!

SimplyMrs.L September 24th, 2010 11:22 PM

Bryce is my favorite, followed by Finn. I love the name Finn but it sounds too much like my last name so I could never use it.

doremi September 24th, 2010 11:50 PM

I really dislike Jaxon and Bryce when paired with your last name. The "x" sound in Jaxon is hard to say with your last name. Bryce bothers me because of the combination of double B's AND double S sounds between the first and last names. If it was one or the other, it would be ok.

Brady Bankson is my favorite, followed by Finn Bankson. The repeating letters with fn/ln bother me a teeny bit, but if I heard either of these names on someone else's child, I wouldn't think twice about it.

*PurpleMidnight* September 25th, 2010 12:16 AM

Finn :)

L.C. September 25th, 2010 01:14 PM

Finn is by far my favorite, and it goes well with your kids names.

Jaxon Bankson sounds a little big sing-songy to me. Brady and Bryce Bankson have several repeating sounds, which is nms.

Cece September 28th, 2010 04:52 PM

Well actually in my professional opinion sometimes names starting with the same letter sound exotic and interesting, and B happens to be one of them. (Others are D, L, R, T, and V). Brady Bankson sounds pretty cool.

carlyheartsphil September 28th, 2010 07:09 PM

I think Finn Bankson sounds best, Bryce and Brady are ok too though. Im just not a big fan of Jaxon with your last name.