JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Is this too close? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2117600-too-close.html)

sunshineblue September 29th, 2010 06:05 AM

Is this too close?

Sorry to be such a board-hog ladies but have a couple of questions for you all.

First off I'm really starting to love the name Leah again just lately but can't help feeling it's slightly too close to my name, Lisa. WDYT?

Next how does the combo Leah Charlotte sound? Charlotte is a family name that ties in perfectly with my dd's mn.

And finally how would Olivia and Leah sound as sisters? How about Olivia, Ethan, Leah and Elliot?

Thanks ladies :D

Momtothe6thpower September 29th, 2010 07:52 AM

Re: Is this too close?

I love Leah and love the way it goes w/ your dd's name and potential other dc's names. However, Leah and Lisa may get pretty confusing around the house.

Bedazzled September 29th, 2010 08:49 AM

1- While it is close to your name, I don't think it's too close...I'd still use it.
2- Leah Charlotte is beautiful!
3- Olivia & Leah work but they do sound similar (livia/leah)...again, not too similar to the point where I wouldn't use it. Same with Leah/Elliot.

doremi September 29th, 2010 08:49 AM

Leah and Lisa are close, but it wouldn't bother me in a mom/daughter relationship, because most of the time you'll be called "mom" or "mommy" around her anyways! I think it matches well with the other names you mentioned, although I love Charlotte as a fn even more than Leah! Olivia and Charlotte sound wonderful together!

ShesaDreamer September 29th, 2010 10:05 AM

I don't think that it's too close not to use. If you love a name use it!

Are you pronoucing it LEE or Leeah? Because I don't care much for The sounding of Lee Charlotte but I love Leah Charlotte.

I think it sounds great with your DD's name! And the other names sound good together too!

P*to*the*ORTIA September 29th, 2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bedazzled (Post 21673347)
1- While it is close to your name, I don't think it's too close...I'd still use it.
2- Leah Charlotte is beautiful!
3- Olivia & Leah work but they do sound similar (livia/leah)...again, not too similar to the point where I wouldn't use it. Same with Leah/Elliot.

:ditto:

carlyheartsphil September 29th, 2010 01:40 PM

I don't think its too close, if it was sisters Leah and Lisa maybe but not too close a as a daughter of Lisa. Leah Charlotte is a nice combo!

*~ Joni ~* September 30th, 2010 08:57 AM

Love it! I think it goes great with Olivia's name and like a pp said, you'll be called mom. :smile: