JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Which name to honor DH and my dad? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2119372-name-to-honor-dh-and-my-dad.html)

Jackson'sMommy September 30th, 2010 05:22 PM

Which name to honor DH and my dad?

I think we are now pretty sure that a first son of ours will not only be named after DH but after my dad too, I had thought about just giving a first son a first name that me and DH just love and then a middle name after DH and then do the same for a second son but the middle name after my dad instead but we of course don't know if we will even have one boy, nevermind more than one boy and it is really important for me to have a son named after my dad, we are very close.

My dads name is Jacob Michael III ''Jack'' (he had 4 daughters and each time he wanted to carry the name on but I couldn't so one of the reasons why I think it'd be nice) and my husbands name is Nathan Thomas.

Our last name is Manning.

Which do you prefer? Thanks! :)

*~ Joni ~* September 30th, 2010 05:26 PM

Re: Which name to honor DH and my dad?

Jacoby Nathaniel :wub: (j-KO-be)
Jacoby Nathan
Jacoby Thomas

Jackson Nathaniel
Jackson Thomas

Michael Nathan
Michael Thomas

Thomas Jack
Thomas Jacob
Thomas Jacoby
Thomas Michael

Nathaniel Jack
Nathaniel Jacob
Nathaniel Michael

Nathan Jack
Nathan Jacob
Nathan Jacoby
Nathan Michael

You could also honor Dad with Michaela (Mikayla) if it's a girl :cheer:

Bedazzled September 30th, 2010 05:27 PM

What about...

Jack Nathaniel
Jackson Nathaniel

Jackson'sMommy September 30th, 2010 05:29 PM

Thanks Joni, some of your ideas are in my poll (first time posting a poll on here so was a little slow :lol: ) I really like Jacoby's name, I will even admit that I hadn't heard it until seeing that it was your sons name so I hope you don't mind :) it might be a little ''out there'' for Nate anyways lol. :rolleyes:

and Tenille! I am very slow tonight :p Jackson Nathaniel not too ''N'' heavy?

*~ Joni ~* September 30th, 2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiffer (Post 21695527)
Thanks Joni, some of your ideas are in my poll (first time posting a poll on here so was a little slow :lol: ) I really like Jacoby's name, I will even admit that I hadn't heard it until seeing that it was your sons name so I hope you don't mind :) it might be a little ''out there'' for Nate anyways lol. :rolleyes:

:lol: No problem. Maybe he'll like it. We get tons of compliments on it. :smile: Good luck deciding!

doremi September 30th, 2010 09:37 PM

That was a tough one! I voted Jacob Thomas. I love Jacoby, but find it a little hard to say in combination with your last name. I also love Nathaniel, but feel like it gets a little N heavy (which you also mentioned). Good luck finding the perfect name!

L.C. October 1st, 2010 12:10 PM

I voted Jacoby Thomas --- Jacoby is fantastic !