JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Kaylin? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2211309-kaylin.html)

angelsailor288 January 8th, 2011 12:52 AM

Kaylin?

I really like the name Kaylee, but I want my daughters middle name (if it is a girl) to be Stephanie, and really dislike how Kaylee Stephanie flows. I came across the name Kaylynne, but didnt like that spelling, so what about Kaylin? Kaylin Stephanie. yay or nay? My boyfriend says its up to me. Gee thanks.

I was also thinking Madison Stephanie, call her Maddy, but I'm not sure.:rolleyes:

*PurpleMidnight* January 8th, 2011 03:40 AM

Re: Kaylin?

Kaylin is nice. there is also Kayla too

Bedazzled January 8th, 2011 01:20 PM

I think Kaylin Stephanie flows nicely :)

carlyheartsphil January 8th, 2011 01:52 PM

Kaylin Stephanie flows well. Kayla Stephanie does too. You could also spell it Cailin or Cailyn.

P*to*the*ORTIA January 8th, 2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlyheartsphil (Post 22667529)
Kaylin Stephanie flows well. Kayla Stephanie does too. You could also spell it Cailin or Cailyn.

:ditto:

Danielle+5 January 8th, 2011 02:18 PM

I think Kaylin Stephanie sounds good.

My oldest dd is Kaylen Elizabeth. We chose that spelling because my middle name is Kay and dh's is Allen so we combined the two.
Just be prepared that a lot of people will add a T in there and think the child's name is Kaitlyn.

angelsailor288 January 8th, 2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielle+4 (Post 22667747)
Just be prepared that a lot of people will add a T in there and think the child's name is Kaitlyn.

Oh never thought of that. Thanks. I like the Kaylen spelling too. Hmm.

TJnIsaiahsMommy79 January 8th, 2011 03:40 PM

Sounds very pretty....

BlueEyes09 January 8th, 2011 04:43 PM

I like the sound of the name Kaylin, but something about it seems incomplete. Maybe it's just that so many names start with Kay- or end with -lin or -lyn that it just doesn't have a very distinct sound to me. What do you think of Caitlyn?

angelsailor288 January 8th, 2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueEyes09 (Post 22668911)
I like the sound of the name Kaylin, but something about it seems incomplete. Maybe it's just that so many names start with Kay- or end with -lin or -lyn that it just doesn't have a very distinct sound to me. What do you think of Caitlyn?

yeah I know what youre saying. Too many Caitlyns or Katherines on my bfs side so no to that name. Hmmm. Maybe I'll just wait and see if its a girl or not then worry about it lol. Boys name is already set so.

mlbsnb January 8th, 2011 06:06 PM

'Kay' names are so over-used. I'm really not a fan of any of them...and they are all so close in sound that they will constantly be confused with the other 'Kay' variations.

scubagirl80 January 8th, 2011 07:48 PM

I actually much prefer Kaylin to Kaylee

doremi January 9th, 2011 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlbsnb (Post 22669509)
'Kay' names are so over-used. I'm really not a fan of any of them...and they are all so close in sound that they will constantly be confused with the other 'Kay' variations.

I agree with this, and also feel that way about all the little girl names that get shortened to Maddy. I had a first grade class a few years ago with three Maddy's, and each had a different formal first name. It was so confusing trying to keep them straight!!

However, if I had to choose, I would choose Kaylin Stephanie from your list. Although, I think I actually would prefer Kayla, or even better yet, Kaia or Kyla.

Merolia January 9th, 2011 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scubagirl80 (Post 22670425)
I actually much prefer Kaylin to Kaylee

Same here. Kaylee doesn't seem like the kind of name that will age well.

I like the nickname Maddy for Madeleine or Madeline, Madison is really popular and likely to be dated in a few years.

pumpkinseed January 9th, 2011 10:24 AM

Kaylin is pretty, and sounds great with Stephanie, but I'd probably go with Kayla.

::er!ca:: January 9th, 2011 10:38 AM

I don't really like Kaylin. I prefer Caitlin or Kaila (Kayla).

RASCAL821 January 11th, 2011 06:34 AM

I personally love the name Kaylin.....I have also seen spelled Kahlen

ImagineOctober January 11th, 2011 01:24 PM

I used to really love this name (spelled Cailin) and it used to be in my top 5 probably, until I had a little girl at worked named Cailin. She didn't "ruin" the name for me (like most kids do when you teach ones that have names you like), but it was the fact that EVERYONE called her Katelynn. That drove me up the wall and she would never correct them! Kaitlynn, no matter how you spell it is just waaaay too common for me! I still really like Cailin, I just wouldn't use it anymore. I much prefer Kaylin to Kaylee and I think Kaylin Stephanie sounds nice.

angelsailor288 January 11th, 2011 01:44 PM

Yeah the Kaitlyn thing would really annoy me. Ahh, I have no idea! I'm thinking I'll just wait to see if its a girl or not and worry about it then.