JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   WDYT??? Boy name... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2229696-wdyt-boy-name.html)

ttcnumberthree January 25th, 2011 06:01 PM

WDYT??? Boy name...

I was on here the other day and got some great suggestions for boy names. I REALLY love Camden for a boy and we are liking Braxton also. But today DH were talking and came up with the name Morris. I suggested it thinking he would hate it and he actually liked it! The only problem is that our last name ends in es. Do you think that's too many S's??? I really love it and that is the only problem that I am having. When I say it, it doesnt really sound bad to me but I would like other opinions. Thanks ladies!

Jodi Dawn January 25th, 2011 07:57 PM

Re: WDYT??? Boy name...

it reminds me of Zac Morris from saved by the bell. I love the name Camden!

MommaOnCloud9 January 25th, 2011 09:18 PM

Is your ln also 2 syllables? If so, yeah, there's not enough to the name to break up the S's.

I prefer Camden!

carlyheartsphil January 25th, 2011 10:12 PM

Morris is nice. It could be a nice alliteration with your last name, just depends on what it is.

doremi January 26th, 2011 12:30 AM

I agree that how many syllables are in your last name makes a difference. If both are two syllables, with the stress on the first syllable, then I think the repeated sounds would be too much. However, if the last name was 3 syllables with the stress on the middle syllable, I could see it working fine. All that being said, I prefer Camden to Morris by a longshot!

Tippy January 26th, 2011 05:05 AM

I really like Camden. I think with Morris, it will be a mouthful with the s'.

ttcnumberthree January 26th, 2011 05:40 AM

Thanks ladies! I think with Morris it's just too many s's! I am leaning toward camden right now. I'm sure it will change again at some point!

::er!ca:: January 26th, 2011 08:30 AM

I don't like Morris as a first name. It's too surnamey for me. There are some surnames that don't bother me as first names, but this is not one of them.

That being said, I really like the name Camden. Isabel would have been named Camden if she were a boy.

mlbsnb January 26th, 2011 11:43 AM

I like Morris! It's vintage and handsome, and a little nerdy (i like Nerdy names).

Camden is boring to me and Braxton sounds a little 'harsh'.

ttcnumberthree January 26th, 2011 12:09 PM

Thanks mlbsnb! It's nice to see someone on here likes Morris =) I really love it and would totally use it if our last name did not end in es...I just feel like it's too much.

JJsmommy09 January 27th, 2011 01:29 PM

I like morris as well!