JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Sibling Names "going" Together . (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/225687-sibling-names-going-together.html)

MamaBx3 June 11th, 2006 03:39 PM

How important is it to you ?

It's really important to me .

I think it's just because Nevaeh is such a trendy name .. I don't think I could use ; Nevaeh and Grace or, Nevaeh and Josephine .
or
Nevaeh and Parker. , Nevaeh and Jacob etc.

I think we will go for another unique and some what unusual name for our next child .

Jen25 June 11th, 2006 03:43 PM

Well...thats tricky, lol. My siblings and I all had "J" names (Jennifer, Joshua, and Janel). My kids names go together just becuase we like surnames and happen to like a lot of presidant names. So it just kinda happened with us, it wasnt planned from the start or anything. Although, I wouldnt give one child a "trendy" name and the next one a "plain" name(but I would never use a plain name, lol)

MamaBx3 June 11th, 2006 03:44 PM

LOL
Thanks Jen !

Do you plan on using another president name for your next ?

Jen25 June 11th, 2006 03:46 PM

Yep! We figured we might as well keep it up, lol. I have always wanted to name a girl Kennedy, way before we ever picked out Lincoln. My dh actually picked out Lincoln, but after I looked at president names I found a lot of cute ones, so just decided to stick with them, kwim?

MamaBx3 June 11th, 2006 04:12 PM

Aww ! That's so cute ! And a really neat idea.

MyGirlsJaiden&Everleigh June 11th, 2006 04:16 PM

I think it is somewhat important. But its probably easy for me because I am usually drawn to the same types of names. I wouldnt name my dd's Jaiden, Everleigh and Isabel. Not only do they not go but I dont really like Isabel (atleast for the fn)

jayjay June 11th, 2006 04:16 PM

it's important. i wouldn't give one a classic ad one a trendy name either.. but i don't know. they don't have to perfect or anything..

suthernWVswthrt June 11th, 2006 04:34 PM

It doesn't bother me at all. I think I'm drawn to the same type of names...

rollopodio June 11th, 2006 04:38 PM

i want them to flow together.

my sister and i both have R names. i wouldnt want to make sure they are the same letter but i want them to sound nice together.

ladyellise June 11th, 2006 07:18 PM

Yeah, I think it's important for the names to go together :)

dkmommy June 11th, 2006 07:22 PM

i think it is somewhat important. i mean if i had one child named Hope, I wouldn't name the other Zahara kwim?
i have 2 kids with fairly trendy names that i think go together - Damen & Kendall. and we even went one step further giving them both classic middle names, Michael and Rose.

mom2LyricStoryLegend June 11th, 2006 07:24 PM

I definitely want to stick to unusual names. I think it will be sooooo hard for me to come up with another girl's name. I really like True but I think True and Story go a little TOO well together and it is kinda corny.

Kristina June 12th, 2006 08:20 AM

Yeah I think they have to go together so I could never name my 6th kiddo Megan or Jacob it just totally wouldn't go, no trendy or classic names for me. One stipulation for the girls names is that it has to be 3 syllables ending in an a sound, From my name on down we all have the 3 syllables and the a ending. Which is actually nice because it narrows down the playing field quite a bit when searching for the perfect name.

With The boys names I think we are just keeping it unique and original.

**Jenn** June 12th, 2006 08:36 AM

I want all our kids names to go together. Like Jen, we are all J names in my family (John & June--parents, John, Jenn, Joe, Jaclyn). We're heading on an irish theme with our kids. Our second child will be Colin if a boy or Ailish if a girl. Other names we've got waiting in the wings are Lochlan (boy) and Shannon (girl).

MamaBx3 June 12th, 2006 08:45 AM

Quote:

I definitely want to stick to unusual names. I think it will be sooooo hard for me to come up with another girl's name. I really like True but I think True and Story go a little TOO well together and it is kinda corny.[/b]
I love the name True !
I think you could pull it off ! :P

Kelley June 12th, 2006 09:41 AM

Well I have an Alexis, a Harley and a Grace. I think although Grace is "traditional" they fit well.

picklesmama June 12th, 2006 09:51 AM

For myself, the names don't have to match, but I do like them to go together somewhat, at least the girls, just so that I don't have one with a "prettier" name than the other. For example, I wouldn't have an Isabella and then a Hortense. Not that I would have a Hortense anyways, lol. We have a long last name though so I gravitate towards short first names, which kind of makes them all go anyways.
We didn't have a theme in mind but after my kids were already named a friend pointed out that we had a Jack and a Gus, like the mice in Cinderella, and a Mia Isabella - that was an unintentional parallel :)

Quote:

I definitely want to stick to unusual names. I think it will be sooooo hard for me to come up with another girl's name. I really like True but I think True and Story go a little TOO well together and it is kinda corny.[/b]

There's always Truly or Truth as well. Or Verity, which has the same meaning.

Jami_Michelle June 19th, 2006 09:24 PM

My kids names both start with "S" and then they have a old fashion middle name, I wish I could keep the "S" thing going but I dislike all "S" boy names, but if its a girl I will continue the "S" thing with Savanna Elizabeth, but hopefully its a boy!!!! I dont really like the boys name but its the only thing SO likes, (Hayden Christopher)I am not sure I am going to let it ride though! I like the name Hayden but just dont want to name my son that! However I do like Christopher as a MN cuz its SO's name!!

catlee22 June 19th, 2006 09:49 PM

I think that names should go together. Being that I am a twin my sister and I have names that go together. I am Cathy and she is Carla. In my family all of the girls have names starting with C and middle names beginning with L. This so that we all match my Dad's name which is Curtis and his middle initial which is L. When my Fiance and I do have kids we have already decided that all of the girls will have a name beginning with"S". We decided to do this to honor his daughter that passed away. We will also give our son( if we have one) the middle name Shad. That is to honor his little brother that passed.

alieygater June 20th, 2006 01:26 PM

Well i dont think that Nevaeh is so off the wall that you couldnt pair it with Grace, Parker or Jacob...i mean if her name was Unicorn rider sunray then ok then they might not "go together" I think baby names are for the baby, not to match their brother or sister....If you are in the mood to name your 1st child something more unique, and then want to name your second something more traditional....i say go for it......