JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   If you were to Adopt a child .. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/228773-if-you-were-to-adopt-child.html)

MamaBx3 June 14th, 2006 07:55 PM

Would you keep the birth name ?

I think I would ..
I would incorporate the name some how , maybe give the child a variation of the name or even have the exact name as the middle name .

hardstairs. June 14th, 2006 09:17 PM

Hmm.
Im really not sure.
My parents kept my name.
But they liked it so, you know.

Jen25 June 14th, 2006 09:19 PM

Im not really sure either. It would depend on the situationl. If they were old enough to have learned their name, than I wouldnt change it, unless they wanted to. If it was a new baby, I probably would.

ladyellise June 14th, 2006 09:29 PM

Quote:

Im not really sure either. It would depend on the situationl. If they were old enough to have learned their name, than I wouldnt change it, unless they wanted to. If it was a new baby, I probably would.[/b]
I agree:)

jayjay June 14th, 2006 11:21 PM

if it was a baby and i absolutely could not stand the name, then yes, i would change it.
but if the child was old enough to know his or her name, then i'd leave it! :)

**Jenn** June 15th, 2006 05:27 AM

I agree it depends on the situation. If it was a newborn then I would probably change it but use the original first name as the middle name. An older child I would keep the name unless they wanted to change it. I used to nanny for 4 little girls all adopted--3 from China and 1 from Cambodia. Their parents used their first names as middle names and picked new first names: Lucy Fu Yan, Clara Yang, Cecilia Du Wei, Sophina Vita (nn Sophie).

rollopodio June 15th, 2006 08:24 AM

Quote:

I agree it depends on the situation. If it was a newborn then I would probably change it but use the original first name as the middle name. An older child I would keep the name unless they wanted to change it.[/b]

ditto

suthernWVswthrt June 15th, 2006 09:54 AM

I would definitely change the name...

chlodoll June 16th, 2006 12:27 AM

I dont think I would change it. Maybe if they were a newborn and they would never know!

*PurpleMidnight* June 16th, 2006 02:48 AM

If I didnt really like it I'd use it as middle name.

~*kath*~ June 17th, 2006 06:30 AM

I would probably keep it as the middle name as well.

shootingstarz1313 June 17th, 2006 09:17 AM

I would probably more than likely change the name, unless like most of you said, the child was old enough to have gotten used to his/her name. My aunt and uncle have adopted two kids as newborns and they used their first names as middles names...so...Michael Jordan (hehe) changed to Kevin Michael and then I'm not sure what the other's original name was, but it is now Angela Claire, so I would probably do something like that.

alieygater June 17th, 2006 02:51 PM

I think i might change it (depending on age) but would most likely use it as a middle name unless i just absolutely positivly hated it

mom2LyricStoryLegend June 17th, 2006 02:54 PM

If the child was a baby, I would change it but probably try to keep it as the middle name if it sounded okay. Or maybe I would give it two middle names, one its given name, and one that I picked. I just love names too much not to be able to pick one myself.