JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Fo those that like unique names... (what do you think of this girl name?) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2349083-fo-those-like-unique-names-what-do-you-think-girl-name.html)

blessed4times June 13th, 2011 08:44 AM

Fo those that like unique names... (what do you think of this girl name?)

What do you think of this name? I am due in August w/ a baby girl, and am not even close to finding a name I love, muchless one that DH will agree too. I found this one today, and DH said he likes it too. Not sure if I like it enough to use it though??? I have spent hours and hours and hous and hous looking names up...UGh..

Anyway, the name is "Andalyn".

Not sold on "Andy" as a nickname either. What else would be a good nn for it??

For a middle name, I love Raine.. So, maybe Andalyn Raine??? However, I might give her my dad's name as well, which is Curtis. So possibly Andalyn Curtiss....

Please share your thoughts - thank you!

CeilidhBrennan June 13th, 2011 10:41 AM

Re: Fo those that like unique names... (what do you think of this girl name?)

I'm not keen on it, sorry.

mlbsnb June 13th, 2011 11:56 AM

It sounds made up.
What about Adeline, Evelyn or Adelaide?

Celry June 13th, 2011 12:25 PM

I think it's cute, but I think she will always have to repeat her name. Most people won't hear it right the first time it's said.

doremi June 13th, 2011 12:40 PM

It feels like a mispelling of Adelyn to me... I don't really care for it. I DO like Adelyn/Adeline though!

IAmMomMomIAm June 13th, 2011 12:50 PM

It reminds me of the word Mandolin (the instrument), and it doesn't seem THAT unique, maybe because of the "lyn" ending that's so popular these days (that's not a bad thing, IMO). I think it's cute, but I like Adeline (add-uh-line) or Adelyn better, and I LOVE Adelaide.

Nick names could be Annie or Lyn, though. ETA: I prefer Raine as a middle name - I love this name. Curtis has meaning, but I think if you're going to use it on a girl, adding an S doesn't really make it more "girly" and you should just leave it at Curtis.

blessed4times June 13th, 2011 02:10 PM

Thank you for the thoughts, and Addilyn is on my list of "likes" :) If the name was made-up, it wasn't by me anyway. it was on a name website I came across...

Yeah, for the spelling of Curtis, I have no idea how I'd spell it, if I were to use it. I have seen it with two S's and just with one.

I truly hate trying to find a name. GRR.....

mlbsnb June 13th, 2011 03:18 PM

I'm sorry you are having a difficult time choosing a name!

Here are some unique name ideas that I think go well with Kaysar, Bryar and Sawyer. Do you see anything you like?

Indigo (Indie)
Luna
Capri
Ashby
Aven (pronounced A-vin)
Ellery
True/Truly
Grier
Winter
Corrigan
Summer
Shiloh
Romilly / Romy
Tierney
Lark
Clover
Annika
Avalon
Tallulah
Mosley
Dakota
Astoria
Myla
Tabitha
Cecily (CeCe)
Marigold
Waverly
Sunny
Veda
Daisy
Lyra
Cheyenne
Laurel
Harper
Liberty/Libby

Kelsie June 13th, 2011 11:15 PM

I know a girl with the name Andalyn. She's 23 and I've never thought her name sounded unusual, made up or misspelled. I don't like the mns though, sorry.

Wonder-Woman June 13th, 2011 11:48 PM

It's cute. Different. But does look misspelled imo.

2Nlove June 14th, 2011 04:57 AM

My honest opinion is that it is cute for a little girl...but if she were to become a high powered exec...Andalyn doesn't seem to fit. But IDK. I think it just may be "too cute"....it's super cute! It does give off that "made up" vibe but I think maybe that's b/c I've never heard it before. Lot's of people are using Brynlee right now and that gave me the cute, made up vibe at first too. Andy is really cute for a girl.

sethsmum June 14th, 2011 09:06 AM

Its nms, and I also have difficulty saying it

Calendula June 14th, 2011 11:46 AM

Andalyn sounds like a medication to me.

carlyheartsphil June 14th, 2011 04:50 PM

honestly, its ok but I think would get mispronounced a lot. How about just Analyn/Annalyn or Annaleigh/Analeigh? Also it reminded me of the name Ananda (which means happiness)!

Merolia June 14th, 2011 05:29 PM

And a lyn! It's like a reminder to someone to not to forget to stick a -lyn on the end of the trendy girl name they made up.

AndreaRenee June 14th, 2011 06:40 PM

sorry don't love it

Happy Song June 16th, 2011 05:34 PM

I am not sold on it but It does remind me of the song "Mandoline rain"

YouTube - ‪Bruce Hornsby - Mandolin Rain‬‏

Libby22 June 16th, 2011 11:11 PM

cute

*~ Joni ~* June 19th, 2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsie (Post 24133533)
I know a girl with the name Andalyn. She's 23 and I've never thought her name sounded unusual, made up or misspelled. I don't like the mns though, sorry.

My gosh, your babies are beautiful!!! :wub:

I like Andalyn :D I'd use the nickname Andi. Or you could spell it Andelyn nn Della.

BrittanieH June 19th, 2011 10:35 PM

I love looking for names! && i LOVE this name it's very cute!!! :)
I have a step daughter named Annikah and i wasn't sure what to think of it as first it sounded dumb and made up (coming from someone that's always correcting people on how to spell their name not because she isn't 'mine') but now that i have been saying it for a few years i LOVE the name i think it's beautiful and really correcting people isn't 'that bad' and honestly i am happy my name is different. I even want to name my daughter Alexia if i have one. Which isn't a very common name either.

So do what you want people will get use to the name and start liking it and it might get annoying correcting people but it's nice to be different too! Everyone always says how beautiful the different spelling is :) I really love the name and i wanted to use the name Adaline (if my son was a girl) but my sister's name is Ashley and we use to call her Adaline when we where little and it would be to weird lol
Good Luck!! :)