JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Raiden / Rayden (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2374990-raiden-rayden.html)

IAmMomMomIAm July 18th, 2011 05:14 AM

Raiden / Rayden

I really like the name Raya, but DH doesn't much care for it. I don't typically care for -ayden names beyond Aiden, but I think Raiden/Rayden is really cute.

Thoughts?

mrsjl July 18th, 2011 05:27 AM

Re: Raiden / Rayden

sounds made up, doesn't go with your other kids' names, and -aiden names are way too overused.

what about Raina?

IAmMomMomIAm July 18th, 2011 06:29 AM

Hm, what doesn't match with my other kid's names? I don't really think they have a particular style or theme in common.. what am I missing? :lol:

LadyGamer July 18th, 2011 09:47 AM

I like it only as a video game name, not at all beyond that because of being turned off by that trend. I might like it otherwise.

♥womanintheshoe♥ July 18th, 2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Hm, what doesn't match with my other kid's names? I don't really think they have a particular style or theme in common.. what am I missing?
Your dc's names are beautifully classic, not spelled strangely, and they don't sound/look made up. Rayden/Raiden doesn't fit in that way, IMO. I love your sibset - it's by far one of my favorites on JM! :smile:

And it reminds me of bug spray. And it's just another -aiden/-aden name. ;)

P*to*the*ORTIA July 18th, 2011 11:34 AM

It reminds me of Mortal Kombat to much.

IAmMomMomIAm July 18th, 2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ♥womanintheshoe♥ (Post 24404501)
Your dc's names are beautifully classic, not spelled strangely, and they don't sound/look made up. Rayden/Raiden doesn't fit in that way, IMO. I love your sibset - it's by far one of my favorites on JM! :smile:

And it reminds me of bug spray. And it's just another -aiden/-aden name. ;)

:wub: Thank you!

I've definitely thought "It's just another -aiden name" before. The only reason i considered it is because my husband LIKES the popular trendy names. He doesn't like Raya because it's "too weird" or "too far out there." So I made it sound more popular and trendy, and went with Rayden as a compromise. Then decided it could be a boy's name when all my friends said "uh, like Mortal Kombat?" So it was definitely a thought process for me. :lol:

But our number one boy name choice is Emmett, and I'm kind of annoyed at it's impending trendiness. <_<

huntersaunt July 23rd, 2011 07:23 PM

I agree that your children have classic, timeless names. I think you should stick with that, it's the way to go. That way, your children are less likely to get made fun of or hate their name in the years down the road.

elleword July 27th, 2011 09:07 AM

I've never been overly in to siblings having names that "go well together"... they're seperate people and won't be living together forever. I love Raiden and if you like it, I say go for it. I do like Emmett better though!

Jintana August 2nd, 2011 10:30 PM

Raiden is most definitely a horizontally diving, pointy-capped, lightning-throwing ninja god thingie from Mortal Kombat.