JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Do you... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2386947-do-you.html)

Erin_0225 August 2nd, 2011 08:52 PM

Do you...

reuse names as you have more kids or come up with new choices for each pregnancy. I'm a total name freak so I would love to have two names for each one. And then throw out the one that doesn't match the gender of my baby and use a new pair for the next child and so on but I have started to fall in love with some of my names and put the best ones at the top so they get used unless I have all the same gender of course. What do you do?

In a perfect world I would have 12 kids. 6 girls and 6 boys because that's about how large my favorite name list is right now :p
Oh and to add to that perfect world, my next child would be a boy and the rest would be surprises because we would have everything in pink and blue that we need. Oh that would be so fun! LOL

Aillidh August 2nd, 2011 09:20 PM

Re: Do you...

Though I haven't had any kids yet, I plan to reuse my favorite names. They've been my faves for a while and I love them enough to carry them on. I'm like you though, idealistically I'd have 10-12 kids and that's about what my favorite name list adds up to ;)

Happy Song August 2nd, 2011 10:12 PM

Quinn is 10 and when i was prgnant with her I wanted to name her Nathan had she been a boy.

She was seven when i got pregnant with Scarlett, but I though she was going to be named Seth had seen been a boy.

I finally had a boy last year (Scarlett is two now) However my DH really wanted a Bla Bla Bla the third so we ended up doing that instead of using either boy name I previously liked.

This pregnancy we really wanted to name the baby Cad ehad she been a boy. Alas we have no girl names at all.

So no I don't use the same names over and over. They seem to get tired or my taste change. None of the names on the possible list for Scarlett are on the list for this new baby girl.

Jintana August 2nd, 2011 10:21 PM

Reuse but add more possibilities. Thankfully DH and I have overlapping taste in names. We both don't like that many ;)

sethsmum August 3rd, 2011 04:10 AM

We reuse names we really like, like if we ever had another baby, we like Oscar and Felix, which we really liked the last 3 times. Ivy was the potential name for Toby if he'd been a girl but we have gone off that a bit now. Still love it but I don't see us using it, favourite right now is Matilda

IAmMomMomIAm August 3rd, 2011 04:23 AM

Eh, it varries. My list is always the same for girls, but I have yet to use ANY of my top five names for either gender, so they remain the top five. The top three stays consistent and the bottom two move around as I discover new names that I love (like Holiday).

Had DS been a girl, he would have been Alyssa or Ariadne Denise. Alyssa is still in my top 10, but it's not at the top. Denise is still on the table as a middle name, but the next baby is probably my list and I desperately want a Michael of some sort, so the middle name is mostly set as Michaela or Mischa.

Ideally I want as many kids as I can produce before I lose my breeding ability. Michelle Dugger, move over. DH however is hard pressed to give me four. I have enough TOTAL favorites to last me through another three girls and another three boys, but I could definitely stand to use more names than that.

huntersaunt August 3rd, 2011 04:58 AM

I don't have any children yet, but I have LOVED names for so long! My favorites list has enough to give me like 10 children! But, I only want 4. I would probably keep names if I still loved them and hadn't found better ones, but I think each pregnancy is different. What it comes down to is loving your child's name.
My sister just had a boy and if he was a girl he would have been Peyton. She still loves that name and plans to use it if she ever has a girl.

P*to*the*ORTIA August 3rd, 2011 05:25 AM

We reuse. If Adrea had been a boy, she would have been Ryne. Well then we got pregnant again and had Ryne. Brin was just kind of thrown out there because we didn't have a set boy name.

We are done but IF we had anymore we already have name lists picked out for each gender.

::er!ca:: August 3rd, 2011 07:04 AM

New names.

If Brinlee would have been a boy, her name would have been Landen. By the time I was pregnant with Isabel, I had already taken Landen off of the list and was over the name. Plus I have several friends who had recently had boys and used the name Landon/Landen.

If Isabel would have been a boy, her name would have been Camden. I still think the name is cute, but it's totally off of my list now. You know, the list of names I like even though I'm 99.9% sure we're not having a 3rd child :lol:

MommaOnCloud9 August 3rd, 2011 09:07 AM

We had a new set (1-3) of boy names for each pregnancy. I had 1 girl's named picked out for the first half of my 2nd pregnancy, but then I settled on another girl's name. I've been stuck on that girl's name for 3 1/2 years now despite my SIL getting ready to use a similiar name for her DD due in 2 weeks.

LessthanThree August 3rd, 2011 01:04 PM

No, we probably won't re-use names. I don't even remember the girl names we had picked out if Nathaniel had been a girl and we probably won't remember the boy names we had picked out if we had had a boy with this one. We wouldn't be able to use the middle name anyway since it will be Lucia's middle name :P

My2miracles August 3rd, 2011 01:38 PM

No I didn't re-use but that's because I had a different DH when 2nd kid was born. Seem wrong to re-use & the boy name I had picked didn't sound right with the different lastname.

However, if Lucinda had been a boy & the next baby would have been I girl, I definitely would have called her Lucinda. It was my grandmother's name & I had planned to use it since I was 15.

jessicag August 5th, 2011 12:11 AM

I have three girls names that will get reused until there are babies matching them. My 4th and 5th girls names are the ones that change constantly :P But my top 3 have been the same since me and DH got together almost 3 years ago. Orion would have been Alice if he was a girl and our next child will be Alice unless she/he is a boy.

For boys, it will probably change every time. My DH does not like any boys names, coming up with our sons name was like pulling teeth so I imagine future boys will be a similar expierance. I have names I would love to use, but I dont ever see it happening.

mrsjl August 5th, 2011 07:54 AM

If we still love the name enough I don't see why we wouldn't use it. it's just the way it worked that we liked a different name more the next time around.

Rebecca would have been Parker James
Nathan would have been Rachel Allison

the names I like right now (but aren't set in stone, as we don't even know if we'll have a third) are Gavin Thomas and Julie Rose