JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Hi! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2388639-hi.html)

jessicag August 4th, 2011 11:29 PM

Hi!

Hi all! Im hoping to become a member of this board, as I love love love names and just now realized JM had a baby name board!

A little info about me, my name is Jessica, and me and my husband Devin have one child, our son Orion Michael (Orion is pronounced o-RYE-on for those wondering) who is 7 weeks old. I am a self proclaimed name nerd, I am always making lists and lists and lists of names. Anywho, Devin and I are WTTC till around January :)

I have a, diffrent taste in names then most people. Some call it "old lady", but overall I just enjoy names that diffrent.

I hope you guys will have me here and I look forward to getting to know all of you! :)

Aillidh August 4th, 2011 11:44 PM

Re: Hi!

:welcome: Jessica!

I'm a fellow WTTCer! I know completely what you mean about lists and lists of baby names - my DH complains about there being no scrap paper left since I scrawl baby names all over them ;)

What are some of your favorite names?

jessicag August 4th, 2011 11:57 PM

I have notebooks, and notebooks...and notebooks and random little notes everywhere that are names! I even write names in print and in cursive to make sure I really like them :P

Top 5's:

My favorite girls names- Alice (would have been Orions name if he was a girl), Philippa, Beatrice, Charlotte, Matilda, and Eloise. I love most names of that style.

Boys names are a bit mor across the board not to style specific- Pierce, Jude, Cooper, Liev, and Nathaniel.

ETA: Congrats on your WTTC! Its not really fun but hopefully the time wil go by fst for the both of us :) When are planning to start TTC? If you dont mind me asking.

elleword August 5th, 2011 01:31 AM

Hi Jessica! Congrats on your gorgeous boy and welcome! I love, love, love your style in names! This board is fantastic!

I'm Sophie, WTTC until I graduate university.

sethsmum August 5th, 2011 03:25 AM

Welcome to the baby names board! I'm Becca, Mummy to 3 boys and an angel girl

Cassie.S August 5th, 2011 05:47 AM

Welcome and congrats on your adorable little boy!

I'm Cassie and WTTC our first this November.

mrsjl August 5th, 2011 05:55 AM

Hi Jessica, and welcome :)

congratulations on your new baby! someone in my PR has a son named Orion.
I am like you, with writing out names on everything in different ways to see how it looks haha.

IAmMomMomIAm August 5th, 2011 06:13 AM

Hello and welcome! Congrats on your little boy - I love the name Orion! It's such a nice, cool alternative to the increasingly popular Ryan.. I can't resist it (of course I also love Ryan, ha).

I'm Kes, mom to three - Luke Andrew, Lauren Alexandria, and Heidi Nicole. I am WTTC number 4, hopefully sometime before the end of the year. Just waiting on my husband to get his act together and impregnate me. :lol:

P*to*the*ORTIA August 5th, 2011 07:24 AM

Hello!

I'm Portia, I have 3 kids, Adrea Lenae, Ryne Everett & Brin Jakob. We are done having kids but I love names so I stick around.

Aillidh August 5th, 2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

I even write names in print and in cursive to make sure I really like them
I DO THIS! :D haha.

I love Alice, Phillippa and Charlotte!! I also love Liam and Jude (actually the name Liam Jude itself used to be on my list lol!)

Quote:

Congrats on your WTTC! Its not really fun but hopefully the time wil go by fst for the both of us When are planning to start TTC? If you dont mind me asking.
I know it sucks! But hopefully it'll fly by with all I have to get done...we're planning to TTC November or December hopefully - fingers crossed. Did you join the WTTC board? It's an awesome group of ladies over there, really helpful when you're waiting ;)

jessicag August 5th, 2011 09:43 AM

I havnt joined the WTTC board yet, but I think Im definatly going to! I mean, Im home all day anyways :P

Thanks for the compliments on my sons name, we wanted a diffrent name that wasnt unheard of but deffinatly wasnt popular. The only thing I dont like is when people ask what his name is and I say Orion and they go, Oh, Ryan? No! Orion! One word/name! I also didnt anticipate the or-ee-on pronunciation problem.

Everyone has such beautiful babies and Im glad some other people have the same taste in names, Im normall very alone when it comes to that.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! :)

My2miracles August 5th, 2011 10:54 AM

I love the name Orion! Different but not weird.

Love your other name choices. I'm particulary fond of Eloise as that's my dsd name.

I'm Kris. Mom to Lucinda Elizabeth & Noah David. I'm done ttc but stop by for the fun!