JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   I feel so weird sometimes (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2389402-i-feel-so-weird-sometimes.html)

IAmMomMomIAm August 6th, 2011 06:02 AM

I feel so weird sometimes

Sometimes I feel so weird about the names I like, and even the ones I avoid using.

There's nothing wrong with popular and trendy names, I just don't want to use them. They aren't typically my style. There are a lot of them that I like but will never use simply because other names beat them out for the top spots on my list.

But apparently I'm some kind of weirdo for NOT wanting to name my daughter Kaylee (though I love it), or not wanting to give my baby a nickname. I'm told over and over that the names I like are "over the top" and "so far out there" that I just don't tell people the names I like anymore.

So, for future baby(ies?) I'm just going to tell everyone that we've decided on Egbert and Mehetabel and let them judge away.

3TimesCharm August 6th, 2011 07:13 AM

Re: I feel so weird sometimes

thats exactly what i want, an uncommon name.

Aillidh August 6th, 2011 10:29 AM

Just so you know I really like your name choices (especially Ariadne & Honor, Holiday's even starting to grow on me the more I think about it :D). I don't really like trendy names at all, I'm more of an old-fashioned name type of person so I feel your pain on the Kaylee/-aiden, etc. types of trends (though they are all nice names don't get me wrong). I don't feel as though your names are 'over the top', I mean yes, they are different from the norm but they aren't made up or excessively out there.

huntersaunt August 6th, 2011 11:57 AM

I love Honor! I think that many of your names are great! I love that you experiment and think up very unique ideas. I think it's sweet that you want your child to feel unique and special!

P*to*the*ORTIA August 6th, 2011 01:40 PM

I'm in the same boat. I like different names. I still get looks when I tell people the kids names. Oh well, you like them and that's all that matters.

Growing up with the name Portia I heard everything in the book. Over time I learned to except my name and I love it. It fits me.

At least your not naming them Pilot Inspektor or Moxie Crimefighter.

IAmMomMomIAm August 6th, 2011 04:34 PM

Oh my gosh. Moxie. That's it. I'm telling people that the next baby's name is Mehitabell Moxie. (Mehitabell is even better than Mehetabel, don't you think?)

Mehitabell Moxie and
Egbert Bitner

(we're Mormon after all, and the former President of the church's middle name was Bitner. Totally believable).

Thoughts on these?

P*to*the*ORTIA August 6th, 2011 04:46 PM

To be honest, Egbert Bitner sounds nice.