JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Paisley (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2400414-paisley.html)

*CAMM* August 23rd, 2011 10:05 AM

Paisley

good for a little girl but not so much an adult?? I like this name but unsure how it would age.

*CAMM* August 23rd, 2011 10:11 AM

Re: Paisley

but I just thought..... imagine an 80yr old woman with the name Paisley..and how freaking adorable that would be =) too me any ways..it would be like meeting a cute sweet tiny little old lady named Bella...or Lucy.. =)

hmm Im thinking I very much adore this name now..

Aillidh August 23rd, 2011 10:28 AM

Paisley's not my style at all but I think I can picture it on a baby and an older lady but maybe not on a 30/40 year old in the professional world so much....

P*to*the*ORTIA August 23rd, 2011 10:48 AM

I love it. I think it would age just fine.

SandyBeachSomewhere August 23rd, 2011 11:07 AM

I tend to feel like certain names don't age well, and it's probably because I've never met someone with that name. For instance, if I knew a 30-40 year old woman named Paisley, I probably wouldn't think "that's a little girl's name." I feel that way about nicknames a lot - If I met a 30-year-old Mikey or Sammy I'd probably give an eye roll - but I don't think Paisley qualifies. It's not my style, though. It reminds me of Brad Paisley, whom I love, but it also reminds me of the pattern which I'm not too fond of.. so I'm kinda torn.

Cassie.S August 23rd, 2011 12:02 PM

I agree that it would be really cute on a baby/little girl and an old woman, but I can't really see it as a professional name. Just NMS I guess.

My2miracles August 23rd, 2011 02:15 PM

ummm who's says she's going to be a professional? Just saying. And remember she's going to be surrounded by Poppy's & Pipa's so she'll fit right in.

*CAMM* August 23rd, 2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My2miracles (Post 24689391)
ummm who's says she's going to be a professional? Just saying. And remember she's going to be surrounded by Poppy's & Pipa's so she'll fit right in.

LOL!!! love it!! I was thinking the same thing...maybe she wont go the suit and hand bag route..maybe she'll be a fire fighter..or a vet or a SAHM or a bum (although I hope any child of mine would steer clear of THAT route) ;)

Cassie.S August 23rd, 2011 02:54 PM

Not saying that she has to be, just if she chooses to go that route. And not saying that there aren't plenty of other names out there just like it, so I'm sure she wouldn't be the only one. I was just saying I personally probably wouldn't choose that name for my own daughter for that reason.

Gaby&Emmy'sMama August 23rd, 2011 08:34 PM

nmsaa... I can't help but think of parsley....

ChicaChels August 23rd, 2011 09:06 PM

paisley is my girl name for next time. my little girl is Brylie, and I was worried about the age factor - but so far (shes only 2) it has aged well with her....she's very much a Brylie. I do use "simple" middle names so they can always choose to go by that (It is Brylie Ann and it will be Paisley Grace)

My2miracles August 24th, 2011 08:22 AM

You know the more I read this thread & think about the name Paisley the more I fall in love with it. At 1st I thought of the pattern but now I have the picture of a very pretty young woman in my head. Too bad I'm done having kids Lucy, Noah & Paisley would sound great together :lol:

BSandDsMommy August 24th, 2011 08:25 AM

That's my nieces name, I love the name it fits my niece perfectly :)

Ayla August 24th, 2011 08:50 AM

I don't care for the name, personally, but I think it would age perfectly fine. I think any name does, though.

sethsmum August 24th, 2011 09:54 AM

NMS and I don't think it would age well, but I have never met anyone called Paisley so maybe

Valerie. August 26th, 2011 04:10 PM

I like the name, I think it's cute,although I'm not sure it would age well..Maybe because i've never met anyone named Paisley

Jintana August 30th, 2011 03:32 PM

I'm sorry :( it makes me wonder if there's a sibling named Plaid.