JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Name Game: Done with it (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2400924-name-game-done.html)

Happy Song August 23rd, 2011 10:53 PM

Name Game: Done with it

So I am over name hunting with DH. So I suggested, how about if you make a list of five name and I pick a name or I make a list of five names and you picked a name and then we'll just be done with it.

He agreed that he'll make a list of five names and let me pick but we aren't "Done with it" That will just be my pick for next week.

Whatever...

Just for contrast this baby and Scarlett will be close in Birthdays (end of Oct) and we had Scarlett picked out by the 4th of July...

Aillidh August 23rd, 2011 11:30 PM

Re: Name Game: Done with it

Fingers crossed that you figure out a name soon, but I'm sure you will. Maybe you should try picking out of a hat or something?

xoNicolexo August 24th, 2011 10:59 AM

I'm due in 6 weeks & still don't have a name picked out. Best of luck to you!:smile:

carlyheartsphil August 25th, 2011 05:50 PM

I'm sure you will agree on it soon! Maybe take a week off to clear your minds and then start thinking again?

Happy Song August 26th, 2011 02:34 AM

Any way I was given five names to choose from, Eleanor, Viviann, Victoria, Genevieve, and Samantha. With the first three being chew up and spit out the next two are new. BUT I don't like the nick names. I really really do not want a Jenny or a Sam.

So with Eleanor and Victoria being on the list AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN after I said NO NO AND NO plus Zinnia and Arabella could not even be my pick for the week I was starting to feel like Wayne was stonewalling me. I even looked it up on Google and the definition (for relationships) was not pretty, but accurate to how I was feeling.

I talked to Wayne and told him how I was feeling. I do not want this baby to have a name he hates and the baby will not have a name I hate because I am the one filling out the birth certificate.

So today without me hounding him he made me a list of about 10 new names. Well except Alanna which is a name we both love but it is a main charactor in our horrible writings so we are a bit leery about naming a baby the same name.

So in a nut shell we are finally concidering some names... Alanna, the charactor in the book, Tessa which Wayne says is just so short, and Viviann with I like he seems to like but well we just haven't commited

Ayla August 26th, 2011 05:23 AM

I like your siggy name tags there..... :lol:

Have you thought about just taking a small list of names with you to the hospital? And naming the baby after you see them?

Aillidh August 26th, 2011 08:39 AM

I like Alanna and Tessa a lot. Viviann's not really my style though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayla (Post 24706122)

Have you thought about just taking a small list of names with you to the hospital? And naming the baby after you see them?

Yeah, this is a good idea.

Ayla August 26th, 2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aillidh (Post 24707537)

Yeah, this is a good idea.

It's probably what we will do :) This is my first, so I have no past experience.. but, I can already tell it will be impossible for us to pick a name anytime soon (granted, I have a trillion weeks left). But, I wonder if people who struggle may fare better naming baby once you see them. Once you lay eyes on them, maybe you'll say "gosh, this looks like an... xxxxxx", kwim? And, it might just come to you.

Gaby&Emmy'sMama August 27th, 2011 04:52 PM

I hope the name matter is settled SOOOOOOOON....

antiradiatio August 31st, 2011 12:29 AM

Shades of Grey August 31st, 2011 03:04 PM

I like Alanna but if there is another meaning thats too significant, Id go with Tessa! I love it, I think its adorable. If its too short, maybe Contessa?

huntersaunt August 31st, 2011 05:44 PM

I like Tessa, but if he thinks it is too short, why not use a longer name and just call her Tessa. Here's some suggestions:
Theresa
Tessadora
Tessariah
Tessalyn
Tessalee (my favorite)
Tessamine
Contessa
Therese

Happy Song September 2nd, 2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntersaunt (Post 24744128)
I like Tessa, but if he thinks it is too short, why not use a longer name and just call her Tessa. Here's some suggestions:
Theresa
Tessadora
Tessariah
Tessalyn
Tessalee (my favorite)
Tessamine
Contessa
Therese

DH says thank you for the list but no to all of them. The most viable Theresa, I don't like.