JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   what do you think of... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2403801-what-do-you-think.html)

mrsjl August 29th, 2011 09:16 AM

what do you think of...

Bronwyn?

I have really been liking this name lately, curious to hear what you guys think. we are not ttc, and we don't plan to ttc anytime soon but a third child is not entirely out of the question either.

until a few days ago my top names were Julie Rose and Gavin Thomas. now I am kind of liking Bronwyn and Owen. I also like Micah. Bronwyn, Owen, and Micah have never been on my list until a few days ago so they are still so new and fresh.

DH, of course, hates Bronwyn, and didn't even know it was a name let alone a girl name lol

P*to*the*ORTIA August 29th, 2011 09:59 AM

Re: what do you think of...

I like it.

Aillidh August 29th, 2011 12:18 PM

I love Bronwyn, one of my favorite characters in a book was named this. I actually had it on my list at one time but DH kind of :blink: at it lol.

SandyBeachSomewhere August 29th, 2011 01:22 PM

I think it's really cute.

mrsjl August 29th, 2011 04:04 PM

do any of those names go with my other kids' names?

SandyBeachSomewhere August 29th, 2011 05:20 PM

I don't think Bronwyn goes amazingly well. Rebecca and Nathan are really mainstream, mostly classic, always popular names. Bronwyn is pretty, for sure, but a bit more "out there" than either Rebecca or Nathan. I think Owen and Micah are fine. I also think Bronwyn would be fine to use, because I don't really care that much about matching, but I don't think it matches.

carlyheartsphil August 29th, 2011 06:36 PM

I think its just ok.. its a nice enough name but doesn't really excite me.

Aillidh August 29th, 2011 08:49 PM

I think Julie, Owen and Gavin go well with your other kids names.

Ayla August 30th, 2011 06:07 AM

I'm not really a fan of Bronwyn.
I do adore Micah from your list, though.

mrsjl August 30th, 2011 06:20 AM

the thing I like about Micah is that it is a biblical name, like Rebecca and Nathan. but I think Owen and Gavin sound nice with Nathan.

ugh, and the thing I don't like about Owen? it was the #1 boy name in my province this year.

Cassie.S August 30th, 2011 12:07 PM

I don't really love Bronwyn and I don't think it goes that great with your kids names. I really like Gavin and Micah though.

huntersaunt August 30th, 2011 03:13 PM

I really like Bronwyn, but I prefer Julie with your children's names. It just flows nicely and to me it's more feminine. Plus, Rose as a middle name is just stunning! BUt I love Gavin and Owen. So cute!

Wonder-Woman August 31st, 2011 03:03 AM

I don't care for the way Bronwyn looks or sounds, esp with your sibset. Bronwyn sticks out like a sore thumb imo. Julie Rose sounds beautiful and is a classic name.