JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   What name. . . (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/250583-what-name.html)

~*kath*~ July 13th, 2006 02:47 PM

is getting too popular for your liking??
I have loved the name Layla for a long time, I like it because its different, but not weird and very pretty. I like names that aren't hugely common.
It seems like its getting a lot more popular though lately,, and by the time I have a girl I doubt I will even use it because of this!

suthernWVswthrt July 13th, 2006 02:54 PM

It seems that every name on my list that wasn't popular a couple of years ago is now getting REALLY popular. But luckily I don't really mind my child having a really popular name. I mean my name is Emily...and I actually never really run into a lot of them.

***Andrea July 13th, 2006 04:45 PM

Madison and Ella. I've loved these for a while, but they are geting so common for this age group. :confused:

babydahl July 13th, 2006 06:54 PM

I really liked Lyla/Lila for a long time but it seems to be getting more popular. DH and I have agreed that Layla would be a good name for girl #2 (whenever that is!!! :P )

Caeden/Kayden, on another message board I go to it seems like every second person is naming their son that! It was the ONLY boys name DH and I ever agreed on, so that sucks.

jayjay July 13th, 2006 07:03 PM

Madison definitely. i love the name, it's so pretty. i've liked it for a while.. but now it's just SO popular, ughh.. who knows, maybe it'll calm down by the time i have kids.

~*kath*~ July 13th, 2006 09:41 PM

Quote:

I really liked Lyla/Lila for a long time but it seems to be getting more popular. DH and I have agreed that Layla would be a good name for girl #2 (whenever that is!!! :P )

Caeden/Kayden, on another message board I go to it seems like every second person is naming their son that! It was the ONLY boys name DH and I ever agreed on, so that sucks.[/b]

Leah, you jerk! lol stealing my baby name! j/k

Gwen July 13th, 2006 10:12 PM

Emma is becoming very popular in my area, but I still like the name.

Heather1628 July 13th, 2006 10:51 PM

I like Olivia and its becoming more popular but i like it spelled Alivia

*~Sarah~* July 13th, 2006 11:27 PM

The name Emma & the name Jayden are becoming too popular but i still like both names.

ladyellise July 14th, 2006 01:45 AM

none of my favorite names are really getting too popular, as of yet

shannontretter July 14th, 2006 07:42 AM

I love a lot that have become too popular for me to use. A few are: Ava, Isabella, Aiden.

Blondie6836 July 14th, 2006 07:53 AM

It's funny, when I was a kid my 2 absolute favorite names were Ava and Aidan, and at the time they were really obscure and people thought I was wierd for liking them, and now there are little Ava's and Aidans everywhere! I understand the Ava trend, it started after Reese Witherspoon named her daughter that, but the Aidan thing I really don't understand...
I also love Jacob and Emma, but they are #1 and #2 respectively so there is no way I would use them....

ChelseaM July 14th, 2006 08:52 AM

The name Riley, i Love it but its way too popular i know atleast 3 kids with this name including a teenager. I love it though and wish it was not so popular, i also love the name Jayden and Aiden that are really popular

rollopodio July 14th, 2006 09:09 AM

Landen, dh and i like harlie for a girl but i've been seeing alot of harlie's so i dont know if we could use it anymore. (besides i like kenya better)

~*kath*~ July 14th, 2006 09:14 AM

Quote:

I love a lot that have become too popular for me to use. A few are: Ava, Isabella, Aiden.[/b]

Quote:

It's funny, when I was a kid my 2 absolute favorite names were Ava and Aidan, and at the time they were really obscure and people thought I was wierd for liking them, and now there are little Ava's and Aidans everywhere! I understand the Ava trend, it started after Reese Witherspoon named her daughter that, but the Aidan thing I really don't understand...
I also love Jacob and Emma, but they are #1 and #2 respectively so there is no way I would use them....[/b]

Ava is another name I love,, I also heard it before Reese Witherspoon had her daughter,, I liked it then, but wayyyy to popular now.

I have noticed Aiden has gotten a lot more popular since sex and the city,, I am really not sure where the original popularity started from though.

MamaBx3 July 18th, 2006 09:54 AM

Sophie :(

~*kath*~ July 18th, 2006 10:07 AM

Quote:

Sophie :([/b]
I love that name still.......... I don't think its as popular as Sophia.. I think if I was you it would be a name I would still use

LuvCaleb July 18th, 2006 10:11 AM

we were going to do Aidan but i changed my mind when i saw that name everywhere!

~*kath*~ July 18th, 2006 01:59 PM

thanks for the replies!

Azlynn July 18th, 2006 03:01 PM

I liked Aidan about 14 years ago, saw it in a baby book and debated between that and Ryan. I ended up using Ryan Matthew when my son was born.

I did actually forget about the name until the movie Practical Magic came out and had Aidan Quinn as the leading man, not sure if other people started using it from this but the movie came out in 1998 and it seems like within a couple years Aidan was slowly climbing up the charts. I didn't see Aidan in the SSA top 1000 for 1998 but by 2000 it's there as Aiden #324 and Aidan is #114.