JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Boy help (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2514001-boy-help.html)

palmetto_moon April 13th, 2012 12:20 AM

Boy help

Hi everyone. DH and I are expecting a baby in September and we know he's a little boy. We are having some trouble getting a name list together. We already have six sons and so we've already used up all the favorite names we can agree on (which is difficult in and of itself). It's been a long time since we've had a baby boy though (We had a run of boys and then a run of girls and now a boy again). So far on the list we have:

Sam (probably Samuel so he'll have a "proper name")
Carter
Hunter
Duncan (Dh isn't sold on it)
Barrett (one of the few that we both really like, but is it too weird?)
Eli (okay, so DH hasn't approved it but I"m hoping he will)

That's about all we have. So far Barrett is the one we both like the most so that's the frontrunner though not set in stone. Is it too weird? What mn's would go with it? All opinions are welcome, but what I'm specifically looking for, is whether you think Barrett could work as a name (even if you don't like it personally) and as always feel free to add any/all suggestions. Our other kids names are in my siggy. As you can see, it's a pretty eclectic bunch. No real theme or cohesive sibset type thing...we just use what we like each time and enjoy honoring family (we're out of family to honor though!)

wavrunnr April 13th, 2012 05:25 AM

Re: Boy help

I like Barrett! I say Go for it! It's not weird, it's unique.

white.house April 13th, 2012 08:13 AM

I've met quite a few Barrett's, I don't like it, but I don't think it's weird...
I say go for Eli :D Nope, not biased at all :p

Belita April 13th, 2012 02:31 PM

I think Barrett works and isn't too weird!

mlbsnb April 13th, 2012 03:53 PM

Barrett makes me think of Barrett's esophagus (have you heard of that medical condition?) What about Bennett? or Beckett?

When I saw your other kids names, my first thought was Calvin!

Aillidh April 13th, 2012 05:27 PM

I :wub: Eli and Samuel!

Heather1628 April 13th, 2012 07:47 PM

From your list I love Carter!

redbirds April 13th, 2012 09:47 PM

Barrett is good :) I always liked Garrett, though ;) MN's could be a family first or mn? (is there anyone left?)

palmetto_moon April 14th, 2012 11:23 PM

Gwynne- I see that you are a Cardinals fan!!! Is that the St. Louis Cardinals? We live about 25 miles east of STL on the Illinois side...St. Louis has been CRAZY today and yesterday for the season opener.

Thank you so much ladies for all the input. I know we have time and I'm totally fine (even prefer) waiting to see him before deciding for sure, but it'd be so nice if we could generate a decent sized list from which to pick! Thanks so much for your help!!!! I appreciate the responses!

carlyheartsphil April 16th, 2012 05:32 AM

Barrett is ok. How about Elliott or Everett?

~Tanya~ April 16th, 2012 01:54 PM

I like Barrett... Not common & I don't think it's weird!