JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Name rate.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2576093-name-rate.html)

2Nlove September 21st, 2012 01:03 PM

Name rate....

1-10 girls name Arabella. We don't know the gender yet, but our boy name is set. The only other one we agree on is Emiliana nn Emmie. Thinking of suggesting Arabella, but DH is so picky, want to see how well it goes over here first!

Jlynn September 21st, 2012 05:10 PM

Re: Name rate....

I would say a 5-6. Used to be a 2-3...Seems so made up.

I know of a lady in my PR that had an Arabella. Arabella is super cute and she makes the name sound rich and classy. So I like the name better now.

2Nlove September 21st, 2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jlynn (Post 26561438)
I would say a 5-6. Used to be a 2-3...Seems so made up.

I know of a lady in my PR that had an Arabella. Arabella is super cute and she makes the name sound rich and classy. So I like the name better now.

Yeah I understand that. I have a few names I love but associate with bratty kids and it ruins it! Now that I look at it, I guess it does look made up ish. I went on Nameberry and they said it was a classic victorian name, used in many victorian era novels. Go figure! I do love Kennin though now that you mentioned it!!!!

My2miracles September 22nd, 2012 11:42 AM

I'd say about a 5-6 too.

I get the made up thing with my dd's name too. It's Lucinda & people think it's made up because they've never heard it. But it's been in our family for generations.

Aillidh September 22nd, 2012 05:18 PM

I like Arabella, I would give it a 5/6 as it's not my favorite. A bit frilly for me but I think it sounds beautiful on someone else's child. But then again I'm not a huge fan of any of the 'Bella' names.

amonstersmomma September 22nd, 2012 05:58 PM

I love it I'd give it an 8

Sent using Forum Runner

MamaJessie September 22nd, 2012 06:33 PM

9 - I love girly names.

::er!ca:: September 22nd, 2012 06:54 PM

I'd give it a 6. I'm not a fan, but I don't think it is terrible.

2Nlove September 23rd, 2012 05:52 AM

DH shot it down. Said it reminds him of Arabica coffee??? Like really? Ugh he's so picky!!! I'm trying to think of something that shortens to Ava. I love Ava but it's over the top popular here and we know TONS of little Ava's.

Aillidh September 23rd, 2012 09:32 AM

Ava's beautiful but it's definitely popular.

what about:

Eva, Evelyn, Anna

Memi September 23rd, 2012 11:47 AM

I love Ava! I can't think of any names it could be a NN for tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Aillidh September 23rd, 2012 05:16 PM

Ava could be a nickname for Avalon, if you like that :)

2Nlove September 24th, 2012 01:19 PM

He actually said he likes Ava Emiliana which Im happy about b/c I started getting crazy and suggesting names like Avabella just to get to Ava and I hate when I start doing that b/c you cross a line but you don't know when you've crossed it til your friends are like hmm...not sure about that one.