JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Not using the same first letter again? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2590674-not-using-same-first-letter-again.html)

LessthanThree October 31st, 2012 02:57 PM

Not using the same first letter again?

I have two kids, Nathaniel and Norah. Norah's name was originally going to be Lucia but we changed out mind about halfway through the pregnancy to name her Norah after her grandfather Norman. We didn't even realize that her and her brother had the same letter at the beginning of their names until that Christmas when we were getting letters to hang with their stockings lol

Well, I'm pregnant with our third and I'm unsure what to do. We like the name Nicholas Clay for a boy (which would keep the accidental naming scheme) but I don't like many N girl names. If we didn't name the third kid an N name, do you think they would feel left out? There's also the fact that Nathaniel and Norah were both born on the 24th day of their months (May and October) and this baby has a good chance of not being born on the 24th.

What do you think?

mrsjl November 1st, 2012 05:44 AM

Re: Not using the same first letter again?

hm that's a tough one. I don't repeat letters for that reason. for me though I find it less weird if you have two the same gender with the same initial and then have the opposite gender with a different initial. but you've got one of each with the same so I don't know!

is this for absolute certain your last baby?

some girl N names:

Nadia
Naomi
Nina
Noelle
Nola

or you could use Penelope and call her Nellie.

carlyheartsphil November 1st, 2012 08:00 AM

No you don't have to repeat the N theme, if you like an N name go for it... But if not use something that you love. They won't feel left out! Maybe use one of your family members initials if you are worried? Then they will share with someone if they ever think to ask.

LessthanThree November 1st, 2012 08:18 AM

Well, either way they will be named after my mom and stepmom Niki/Nikki. If it's a boy his name will be Nicholas to honor them, if it's a girl, they would have the middle name Nikki. I COULD use the name Nikki as a first name and call them by their middle name, but I really would rather not.

white.house November 1st, 2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsjl (Post 26719116)
hm that's a tough one. I don't repeat letters for that reason. for me though I find it less weird if you have two the same gender with the same initial and then have the opposite gender with a different initial. but you've got one of each with the same so I don't know!

:ditto: I'm of the same thought process.

soul_donut November 2nd, 2012 08:39 AM

There is always going to be something different about one of them - this one is the first child, this is the baby, this is the girl, etc. Find a name you like and that will suit them and it'll work itself out.

ashleykathleen November 2nd, 2012 11:54 AM

My brother and I both have names that start with A. None of my other siblings have matching letters. I don't think it matters at all, but that's just my opinion.

P*to*the*ORTIA November 2nd, 2012 12:58 PM

I have a friend who has 3 boys. The first and second start with a C so everyone thought they would go for another C name. Nope the third starts with a L. It doesn't matter, just pick a name that you both love!

Pixie November 2nd, 2012 02:31 PM

My DH and his sister both have names that start with C, but their brother's name starts with W. No one has ever noticed or said anything.

In my family, all 3 of my brothers have names that start with T, but mine and my sister's names start with C and R. Again, no one notices.

I really don't think it matters.

jillviray November 2nd, 2012 06:17 PM

It doesn't matter at all. It's just a coincidence. But you already started it. Why not continue naming your third baby with letter N again? That's totally cool! :smile:

carissaluis November 2nd, 2012 07:27 PM

Nicholas Clay sounds perfect though :) Goodluck