JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Cosette (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2615307-cosette.html)

Avery'sMommy430 January 16th, 2013 04:21 AM

Cosette

So I'm suddenly in love with the name Cosette. My hubs hates it. :( What are your opinions? Does it even slightly go well with Avery?

ImagineOctober January 16th, 2013 07:01 AM

Re: Cosette

Cosette has been one of my favorites for many years, I love it. I think it goes ok with Avery.

carlyheartsphil January 16th, 2013 07:14 AM

Cosette is very pretty. I think it goes well with Avery. How about Nicolette or Colette?

white.house January 16th, 2013 08:53 AM

I like it a lot, but think it will become very popular with Les Mis just coming out in theater.

cheerfulsunrise January 16th, 2013 09:59 AM

It makes me think too much of Les Mis.

Momma2Chase January 16th, 2013 02:01 PM

I have to agree... I saw it and expected a Les Mis tie in, honestly. I think popularity of the name will definitely pick up soon

2Nlove January 17th, 2013 05:23 AM

I like the look of it, but how is it said? Like Kah-sett or Co-sett. If it's kah-sett that reminds me of Casette tape. I do really like it but I haven't seen the movie. I also really like Colette too. I wouldnt worry about the movie from the previews I've seen it doesn't look like something that will be too mainstream or overly popular. There's no way I could drag my DH to see people singing in a movie!!!!

Avery'sMommy430 January 17th, 2013 08:59 AM

It's cohSETTE. Thank you so much for your opinions. I have to get pregnant and have it be a girl and have the hubs on board before I can use it anyway....but boy do I love it. :)

Aillidh January 17th, 2013 02:40 PM

I like it a lot :)

mlbsnb January 17th, 2013 03:43 PM

I love the name Cosette, however I do not think it goes very well with Avery. It does make a perfect middle name! When I hear Avery, I think of names like Riley, Reese, Kennedy, Presley, Emerson...surname/unisex. Cosette is a 'frilly' French name and very differenty stylistically than Avery.

Pixie January 17th, 2013 08:49 PM

I like Cosette. What about Josette? I like that even more.

Allie_SMg January 17th, 2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Nlove (Post 26982568)
I like the look of it, but how is it said? Like Kah-sett or Co-sett. If it's kah-sett that reminds me of Casette tape. I do really like it but I haven't seen the movie. I also really like Colette too. I wouldnt worry about the movie from the previews I've seen it doesn't look like something that will be too mainstream or overly popular. There's no way I could drag my DH to see people singing in a movie!!!!

Its actually one of the most successful, popular long running broadway musicals of all time and a book. It also has been nominated for multiple oscars so yeah its big and will be remembered. Lol. The fact that it was adapted to film mskes it mainstream. But that's imo.

I think Cosette is pretty but im not a fan of the nicknsme options. Id prefer Collette. I think it will get popular because of the movie too.

jersey_gray January 17th, 2013 10:41 PM

Cosette is a beautiful name.

Avery'sMommy430 January 18th, 2013 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlbsnb (Post 26985021)
I love the name Cosette, however I do not think it goes very well with Avery. It does make a perfect middle name! When I hear Avery, I think of names like Riley, Reese, Kennedy, Presley, Emerson...surname/unisex. Cosette is a 'frilly' French name and very differenty stylistically than Avery.

I completely agree...that's my biggest hold up in using it...even if it does get popular.

My2miracles January 18th, 2013 11:36 AM

Love Cosette! I think it sounds fine with Avery. But then I don't get why the whole sibset likeness thing. They are only going to be together for a short part of their lives. Their adult lives they won't be a set. Plus even when they are together, they are individuals.

mlbsnb January 18th, 2013 03:28 PM

Wait a minute...I Just realized your Avery is a boy! That Totally changes my opinion of Cosette in your sibset. I actually think it goes perfectly now. Cosette is 100% girl, and it creates a nice balance with son Avery. Perfection!

MeggysMommy January 18th, 2013 04:55 PM

Not my personal style but I think it goes well with Avery. If it helps at all never read or watched Les Mis so I didn't make the connection there ;)

rverrone11 January 20th, 2013 09:42 PM

I've loved the name Cosette since I had to listen to Les Miserables in 6th grade music. :) It's currently on my list, but I fear that it may become too popular.

proudMoM26 January 27th, 2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aillidh (Post 26984825)
I like it a lot :)

me too..