JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Help with baby girl name! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2615517-help-baby-girl-name.html)

SarahK523 January 16th, 2013 04:47 PM

Help with baby girl name!

Hi everyone! I'm Sarah and my husband Liam and I are expecting our first on April 7th, a little girl! We are thrilled! My husband and I are both in love with the name Aubrey, so we have chosen that for her first name. Our problem was finding a middle name. I like the typical middle names..Elizabeth, Lynn, Rose, Paige, Marie and Ann, but I feel as though I would like something different for her. My husband has said no to almost all my suggestions. Today we were talking about how everyone in his family is named after another family member in some way. Either they have their first name, middle name or a modern alternative version on the name. We did know who we would name our daughter after. Then my husband suggested the name Mila (pronounced Me-la, like Mila Kunis).I really love the name. This name uses the same letters as my husband Liams name, the letters are just mixed around, so we are thinking of using this name in honor of my husband. My issue is that i dont really feel that Aubrey Mila flows that great. But then again you don't use the middle name that often so I'm not sure it matters.. We really love both names and the idea behind the middle name, so your opinions would really help. My husband says he def likes Mila for a middle name and not a first name. Any comments would really be great? Can we use it? or keep looking? Thanks!

mlbsnb January 17th, 2013 04:27 PM

Re: Help with baby girl name!

I think Aubrey Mila is a nice name, and even better since it has special meaning.

carlyheartsphil January 21st, 2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlbsnb (Post 26984975)
I think Aubrey Mila is a nice name, and even better since it has special meaning.

:ditto:
Pretty name!

ruth22m January 21st, 2013 09:31 AM

Aubrey Mila is lovely

cheerfulsunrise January 21st, 2013 09:34 AM

I think Aubrey Mila sounds great together!

Avery'sMommy430 January 21st, 2013 10:29 AM

I love Aubrey Mila together!! <3

AndieP January 21st, 2013 02:45 PM

I think both are great names :) However, to me they don't really flow together when you say them as a pair. When you say it, it sounds like one long name, like this Aubreemeela. However, you might think that's a good thing :)

Momtothe6thpower January 21st, 2013 08:44 PM

Aubrey Mila is very pretty! I think when your that excited about a name you have to use it. You'll never fall out of love with it! (I do really love Mila Aubrey though.)

momology January 22nd, 2013 12:27 PM

I really like it - I think it also depends on how it flows with your last name so i would say all 3 together and see how it feels. I think it is pretty :smile:

proudMoM26 January 27th, 2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndieP (Post 26997955)
I think both are great names :) However, to me they don't really flow together when you say them as a pair. When you say it, it sounds like one long name, like this Aubreemeela. However, you might think that's a good thing :)

Aubrey Ysabel