JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Which name do you like better? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2621522-name-do-you-like-better.html)

mommy220 February 3rd, 2013 11:21 AM

Which name do you like better?

I am new to this forum but I am having a hard time deciding on a name for my little girl.

I have a daughter named Madelyn already, nickname Maddie.

Which do you like better?

Evelyn Harper

Everleigh Harper

Both would have a nickname Evie.

butterfly721 February 3rd, 2013 11:35 AM

Re: Which name do you like better?

I like Evelyn Harper.

gustka48 February 3rd, 2013 12:50 PM

I liked Everleigh, because I'm not a fan of having lyn at the end of both your children's names. Just a thought!

mrsjl February 3rd, 2013 02:13 PM

I like Evelyn, I don't like Everleigh at all. Evelyn Harper is the mom of Charlie and Alan on Two and a Half Men. but I doubt you will run into people who think of that.

Aillidh February 3rd, 2013 04:23 PM

Evelyn Harper!

Allie_SMg February 3rd, 2013 05:44 PM

I voted for Everleigh because it doesn't almost rhyme with Madelyn, but... I honestly like both of them equally, even with the rhyming. I love the NN "Ever" for Everleigh, but Evelyn is pretty and classic. Both would be great choices. :D

white.house February 3rd, 2013 07:30 PM

I think Evelyn flows better with Harper. All of the "r"s in Everleigh and Harper are what threw me off.

momology February 4th, 2013 09:21 AM

I like both names but I voted Everleigh because it doesnt rhyme with Madelyn as well.

P*to*the*ORTIA February 4th, 2013 10:22 AM

Evelyn

lucyinthesky February 4th, 2013 01:20 PM

I voted Everleigh, although i'm not sure how well it goes with Harper. It's just Evelyn and Madelyn are too similar for me

rhiane2013 February 5th, 2013 03:50 AM

i like evelyn harper...

mommy220 February 7th, 2013 02:47 PM

Thanks for the opinions. I am so confused still. I think I have decided against Everleigh. I really LOVE Evelyn and LOVE Evie as a nickname (not sure how I would spell it). The ONLY think holding me back is that my daughter's name is Evelyn and it is so close. Granted, she totally goes by Maddie. I like the idea of them both having a nickname. Now I am swaying between having Harper as a first name or Evelyn. I have always liked Harper I just was leaning towards something more feminine with a nickname like Maddie has. UGH I am having such a hard time with this.

melaniek85 February 8th, 2013 08:25 AM

Evelyn!

Momtothe6thpower February 8th, 2013 11:50 AM

Evelyn Harper is gorgeous! But with Madelyn...idk. I don't dislike it but I wouldn't want two that ended in -lyn unless it was something I planned on purpose.

I like Everleigh well enough but prefer Everly since in my mind the name is just like Beverly without the 'B'.

Evie is adorable! Are you open to suggestions for other names that would give you Evie as a nn?

There is...
Evangeline Harper (Love Love LOVE this!)
Genevieve Harper
Eva Harper
Evelina Harper
Niamh/Neve (pronounced the same)
Geneva Harper
Evalise Harper
Evadne Harper

joeysmomma February 8th, 2013 12:42 PM

Everleigh Harper

mommy220 February 9th, 2013 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momtothe6thpower (Post 27071051)
Evelyn Harper is gorgeous! But with Madelyn...idk. I don't dislike it but I wouldn't want two that ended in -lyn unless it was something I planned on purpose.

I like Everleigh well enough but prefer Everly since in my mind the name is just like Beverly without the 'B'.

Evie is adorable! Are you open to suggestions for other names that would give you Evie as a nn?

There is...
Evangeline Harper (Love Love LOVE this!)
Genevieve Harper
Eva Harper
Evelina Harper
Niamh/Neve (pronounced the same)
Geneva Harper
Evalise Harper
Evadne Harper

Thank you very much for your reply. I like Evangeline but my husband doesn't. He also doesn't like Eva. Ugh I am not sure. I don't really like Everly because I do not like the name Beverly and I am trying to keep it as distant from that as I can. Maybe having two that end in lyn (Evelyn) is cute and I shouldn't worry so much about it??

Lemon February 9th, 2013 10:55 AM

Everleigh!