JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Which girl name sounds better? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2623639-girl-name-sounds-better.html)

Allie_SMg February 8th, 2013 06:16 PM

Which girl name sounds better?

We have our boy name, but we are stuck between two first names for our girl name now and we find out next Saturday at a little over 14 weeks! I'd really like to have both names set in stone so we can start calling the baby that immediately (for fun and bonding purposes etc) once we find out the sex.

For the longest time I LOVED Olivia and DH still does, but now I feel like I've gotten a bit bored with it and have fallen in love with Vivien/Vivienne (same pronunciation, different spelling). DH also really likes it, though I think he likes Olivia more at the moment... I do want to give both some thought though. The middle name for either would be "Claire" after my mother in law's middle name, as a boy would have my father's middle name as his middle name. :wub:

Which do you like more? Don't worry about voting based on Olivia being common, because that's not exactly what we care about, but just what sounds pretty, flows, etc. Nicknames will be "Livie" or "Vivie". The last name is a two syllable name that starts with "Mc" if that makes a difference. :)

Bonus question: Which spelling do you prefer? "Vivienne" or "Vivien"? :D

Happy Song February 8th, 2013 07:15 PM

Re: Which girl name sounds better?

Viviann is on my long list right now. I have a Mc last name but my hubby and baby do not.

Aillidh February 8th, 2013 07:26 PM

I :wub: Vivienne Claire! Olivia is not really my style because of a personal association.

joeysmomma February 8th, 2013 07:30 PM

I love both, but Vivienne just a little more. :)

2Nlove February 8th, 2013 07:30 PM

OH gosh that's a tough one. I do love both. I'm going to say Vivienne only b/c Olivia while I do love it is top 5 and I hear it SOOO much in my area. Tough call. Both great choices. And I love Claire too :)

Momtothe6thpower February 8th, 2013 08:27 PM

Both sound great! But I like Vivi more that Livy so Vivien gets my vote.

melaniek85 February 9th, 2013 04:58 AM

I like both but like Vivienne a little more. My maiden name is also Mc name and it sounds good with it lol. I don't hear Vivienne too often and I think it's really pretty.

P*to*the*ORTIA February 9th, 2013 05:17 AM

I like Vivienne Claire.

gustka48 February 9th, 2013 07:54 AM

Vivien Claire is beautiful! And I like the spelling Vivien better!

LadyGamer February 9th, 2013 10:35 AM

I like the Vivienne spelling best :)

Lemon February 9th, 2013 10:53 AM

Vivienne!

Allie_SMg February 10th, 2013 11:02 AM

Thanks for the input ladies! I dunno if we can decide before next Saturday (I'll be a little over 14 weeks), I still love both of the names. lol It's crazy how early they can do these things this day and age, though I feel like 75% sure that it's a boy, so maybe it won't matter! We can save both girl names for our next LO if that's the case. hehe

butterfly721 February 10th, 2013 05:10 PM

I vote for Vivienne Claire. I'm not a huge fan of the name Olivia.

momology February 11th, 2013 12:15 PM

I really love both names!!!! I voted Olivia because it is still one of my favorite names but it is becoming so common now I may change my vote to Vivienne :giggle:

MommaOnCloud9 February 15th, 2013 09:58 PM

I love both names, but Vivienne has been on my short list for several years.....and yeah, the Vivienne spelling.

ReidsMommyPlus1 February 17th, 2013 08:35 AM

I love Vivienne :) My favorite book in high school was a book called Blood & Chocolate and the main character's name is Vivian so I've loved the sound of it ever since!

Merolia February 21st, 2013 09:52 PM

Both nice names, but I like Vivienne a little bit more.

Allie_SMg February 22nd, 2013 08:12 PM

Thanks so much ladies! Turns out, we won't need the name since this little bean is a little boy! :D We have decided on the name "Kieran Todd" for him. :)

white.house February 23rd, 2013 07:01 AM

How did I miss you were pregnant!! A very late congratulations to you!! :wub:

Lisa1911 February 23rd, 2013 08:04 AM

I choose Olivia Claire - beautiful!!

:smile: