JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Be honest...Does this name make you think Avian Flu, Evian Water, Aviation... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2623699-honest-does-name-make-you-think-avian-flu-evian-water-aviation.html)

2Nlove February 9th, 2013 05:32 AM

Be honest...Does this name make you think Avian Flu, Evian Water, Aviation...

Baby girl name Aviana? (Ay-vee-awn-ah) It was on my list, off my list, back on my list, off and now I'm looking at it again. The first thing my DH and parents said was Aviation? What? Is that a name? Huh????? When I told my OB it was on my list she said it was the worst name ever. ha.

P*to*the*ORTIA February 9th, 2013 06:19 AM

Re: Be honest...Does this name make you think Avian Flu, Evian Water, Aviation...

I think it's quite pretty, actually. I don't think of anything when I hear it.

gustka48 February 9th, 2013 08:50 AM

Re: Be honest...Does this name make you think Avian Flu, Evian Water, Aviation...

I think it's pretty! I don't think it is something I would use, but it's deffinately not 'the worst name ever'

ImagineOctober February 9th, 2013 11:26 AM

Aviana does make me think of "avian" or birds, I thought it was a weird choice when Amy Adams chose it for her daughter. It's NMSAA and I dislike it. Sorry.

mlbsnb February 9th, 2013 11:35 AM

I'm not a fan of it.

Lemon February 9th, 2013 11:54 AM

It does, a little... :)

Pixie February 10th, 2013 12:01 AM

It does make me think of "birds," but so does "Ava" as this is what these names mean. There's nothing wrong with that.

2Nlove February 10th, 2013 06:35 AM

Yeah I see both sides but with Ava at least it's not Avian in it. Which is the type of flu :/ I still love it but I don't think we'll use it. I think it's getting cut!!!!

Dandelion February 10th, 2013 09:15 AM

It's not my style but I probably wouldn't think of birds or anything unless you brought them up.

Allie_SMg February 10th, 2013 12:05 PM

It's different, but actually quite pretty. I don't see why someone would say it was the worst name ever! I prefer the pronunciation "ah-vee-ah-nuh", pretty much the same but the "ah" sound, but either way, I don't think of aviation or avian flu. Do what's in your and your DH's heart. :)

ChicaChels February 10th, 2013 01:30 PM

i think it was rude of your OB to say that! i think it's pretty and i would have never even thought of birds or flu or airplanes if you hadn't mentioned it

butterfly721 February 10th, 2013 06:08 PM

I think it's a good name. I can't believe your OB said it was the worst name ever. That was really rude. If you love it, I think you should use it.

carlyheartsphil February 11th, 2013 12:41 AM

It does make me think of those things a bit but I dont think its a bad name

LuckyOne February 11th, 2013 04:06 AM

Hi! Just found this board on JM so thought I'd join in from the Feb DDC.
It does remind me of Evian but still pretty. Doesn't remind me of the flu or aviation though.

momology February 11th, 2013 01:06 PM

It didn't really remind me of those things until you mentioned it :p

I really like it - similar to one of my favorite names Ariana

BriLandy February 17th, 2013 07:22 PM

How about Avery?

2Nlove February 18th, 2013 06:58 PM

Ah you know we are about to just throw in the towel and go Ava. Despite it's popularity it can nickname to Avie without making weird names up. I don't think Aviana is weird, I think it's pretty but the fact that it's about 50/50 whether people think of a deadly flu or drinking water brand is not great ;) I do love Ava even though it's top 10 but what can you do. I've been fighting to find a more uncommon name I like as much and it's just not working out! I thought we were set on Arabella which I love but the more I think of her being called Bella or Arie the more I just can't deal with that name either. I think if we do go Ava we will just call her Avie.

My2miracles February 19th, 2013 11:13 AM

I think it's a beautiful name but unfortunately I would think of water. Although Reese was on my list for a boy & my mom immediately said in a negative tone "like reeses peanut butter cup?" In the end if you love the name, you should go for it! People won't make the comments after she is born.

Feel the beat February 20th, 2013 05:03 AM

I think Ava is pretty but Aviana doesn't remind me of anything.

beamermarie February 20th, 2013 12:53 PM

I like it!