JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Harper (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2646498-harper.html)

*Lana* April 27th, 2013 09:16 PM

Harper

DD insists that her sister is going to be named Harper. I like the name, but have not influenced her at all--I asked her if she liked the name and from that point on she insists the baby silk be named Harper. I asked her the same way I asked about all the other girl names--she said no to most and Harper was the only one that stick for more than 5 minutes (it has been at least 3 weeks with plenty of suggestions on other names).
DH is not a fan. But, DD always gets what she wants from him, so I think Harper is set.
Trying to think of a MN for Harper. I like Harper Grace, but one of the celebrities used that in the past few years. I like Harper Kate, but it doesn't seem to flow well. Lee was his mom's MN, but unsure about Harper Lee (To Kill A Mockingbird)--although I think he would like that. If it was a boy, it would have had his father's full name.
Any other suggestions? Our last name starts with a W and ends in -on. Thoughts on Harper Lee? DD likes it. LOL
Thanks!

Jlynn April 27th, 2013 11:40 PM

Re: Harper

I love Harper Grace!! Lee is cute too though.

Aillidh April 28th, 2013 12:51 PM

I like Harper Lee :)

carlyheartsphil April 28th, 2013 04:13 PM

Harper Lee makes me think of the author immediately. If that doesnt bother you then go for it.

Others:

Harper Lynn
Harper Mae
Harper Jane
Harper Laine
Harper Elise

*~ Joni ~* April 28th, 2013 06:22 PM

Love Harper! If Harper Lee is too TKAM for you you could always pick a middle that ends with lee so you're still using the family name but throwing off that association.

Harper Brinlee
Harper Amberlee
Harper Kaylee
Harper Kinlee
Harper Bailee
Harper Avonlee
Harper Tinlee
Harper Rylee
Harper Kylee

Maybe combine another family name with the lee ending?

ryannjakesmommy April 28th, 2013 08:20 PM

My daughters name is Harper so I love it!! That said I like Joni's idea of using a name that has lee in it!! Celebrities aside she is the only Harper I know in real life.

redbirds April 29th, 2013 09:47 AM

I don't know if, years ahead, anyone would associate YOUR Harper Grace with the celeb Harper Grace (I never would have picked up on it). I love Harper Grace. I say go for it!

momology April 29th, 2013 02:27 PM

I like Harper Lee - also LOVE Harper Mae !

P*to*the*ORTIA April 30th, 2013 05:40 AM

I really like Harper Elise.

butterfly721 April 30th, 2013 11:46 AM

I really like Harper Grace.

~*kath*~ April 30th, 2013 02:56 PM

I love Harper,, its at the top of my list and I think Harper Grace is pretty :)

huskar4393 May 7th, 2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jlynn (Post 27321833)
I love Harper Grace!! Lee is cute too though.

me too ^^

mom2K&G May 7th, 2013 06:51 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Harper Grace!!

Cccbb61013 May 17th, 2013 08:06 PM

I was going to choose Harper if I was having a girl but he is a boy, so no more Harper! It's a beautiful name that goes with anything. That being said, I personally wouldn't pick lee unless I was a big Harper lee or to kill a mockingbird fan. I think Harper Kate is adorable. Like I said, its a great name and any middle namd you pick will sound great.

rachelmama May 25th, 2013 09:29 PM

I have a Harper Noelle :)

My2miracles May 30th, 2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cccbb61013 (Post 27373249)
I was going to choose Harper if I was having a girl but he is a boy, so no more Harper! It's a beautiful name that goes with anything. That being said, I personally wouldn't pick lee unless I was a big Harper lee or to kill a mockingbird fan. I think Harper Kate is adorable. Like I said, its a great name and any middle namd you pick will sound great.

My friend's 8 year old son is Harper.

Cccbb61013 May 30th, 2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My2miracles (Post 27407846)
My friend's 8 year old son is Harper.

I toyed with the idea of using Harper for a boy, but so many people are using it as a girl's name, I can't really get on board with it for a boy. Had nobody ever used the name before, it would definitely be uni-sex to me.

Cupcake2 June 7th, 2013 12:53 PM

Harper Grace is adorable!