JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   weird name dilema :) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2657422-weird-name-dilema.html)

ChicaChels June 9th, 2013 08:36 PM

weird name dilema :)

So we don't know what we're having yet, but if it's a girl my 3 (almost 4) year old REALLY wants to name her Sophia, but DH and i have had our hearts set on Paisley. I keep telling Brylie we can name her Paisley Sophia, but she gets so sad and says "but I've always wanted a sister named Sophia"....it makes me feel so badly :( But i really want to name her Paisley :unsure:

and please let this baby be a girl, because my 3 year old will be heartbroken if its another brother :lol:

LadyGamer June 9th, 2013 09:24 PM

Re: weird name dilema :)

Tell her she should save the name Sophia for when she's having a baby when she is old enough to be a mommy :)

ChicaChels June 9th, 2013 10:04 PM

I did tell her that and she doesnt grasp it - she won't even name any of her toys Sophia because it's the babys name :unsure:

mrsjl June 10th, 2013 08:11 AM

oh, wow... looks like you have a Sophia Paisley on the way to me ;)

momology June 10th, 2013 12:03 PM

:giggle: She sounds very adamant!!

Sounds like a tricky situation. Luckily both names are so beautiful!!!

LadyGamer June 10th, 2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicaChels (Post 27435076)
I did tell her that and she doesnt grasp it - she won't even name any of her toys Sophia because it's the babys name :unsure:

Well, she'll get over it :P If not, it will be a funny story to tell when she's older.

Momtothe6thpower June 10th, 2013 04:04 PM

I'd stick with Paisley Sophia!

ChicaChels June 10th, 2013 07:57 PM

I just don't want to break her heart :lol: my gut tells me its a girl, otherwise i wouldnt stress :giggle:

iErica June 13th, 2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicaChels (Post 27434956)
So we don't know what we're having yet, but if it's a girl my 3 (almost 4) year old REALLY wants to name her Sophia, but DH and i have had our hearts set on Paisley. I keep telling Brylie we can name her Paisley Sophia, but she gets so sad and says "but I've always wanted a sister named Sophia"....it makes me feel so badly :( But i really want to name her Paisley :unsure:

and please let this baby be a girl, because my 3 year old will be heartbroken if its another brother :lol:

Honestly, I know you don't wanna break her heart... but a name is a big deal, and I would break her heart :P Children are so "off and on" anyway, in a few months she could come up with a different new favorite. I would pick the name you and your husband want. I think once the baby comes, she'll be just excited to have a sibling and won't care :)

cheerfulsunrise June 13th, 2013 10:33 AM

I also say stick with Paisley Sophia! Your daughter will still get a sister w/ the name Sophia (it will just be her middle name!) That is cute, but I think she will forget about it. My dd wanted her cousin's name to be Rosabelle (she was about 5 yrs old at the time) and recently when I reminded her of this she did not even remember it (she is now 12).

P*to*the*ORTIA June 13th, 2013 10:37 AM

You can tell her that her name is Paisley Sophia but if she wants to call her Sophia, she can. I agree with pp who said in a few months she'll probably be over the name anyways.

ImagineOctober June 13th, 2013 02:07 PM

I think she'll be so joyful she has a sister she'll forget about NEEDing her name to be Sophia. I agree that she could just call her Sophia, it could be a cute sister thing. I like Paisley Sophia best.