JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Kim and Kanye's little girl... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2660958-kim-and-kanyes-little-girl.html)

carlyheartsphil June 24th, 2013 04:39 AM

Kim and Kanye's little girl...

Alright ladies, let's hear your thoughts on little miss North West!

mom2K&G June 24th, 2013 05:24 AM

Re: Kim and Kanye's little girl...

I'm all for original names and I believe it's their child and they can name her what they want. However with that being said.. really?! This poor child has to go to school, fill out college applications and have a name like North West? Did they not think of the future for their child?? I do like the name Nori though! Why couldn't they just use Nori West?! :confused:

Memi June 24th, 2013 06:51 AM

I agree with PP. I think the nickname they're using, Nori, is 1,000 times cuter than North. Nori West or Nora West would have been so much better. I feel bad for her.

ashj_1218 June 24th, 2013 11:14 AM

They clearly were not thinking of the child at all when they selected that name. One more thing to make about "them" and not the poor kiddo who has to go through life with the same name as a direction and an airline.

While Nori is pretty cute, I see the whole thing as an attention seeking ploy. Drives me bonkers.

Momtothe6thpower June 24th, 2013 11:41 AM

Nori is cute! However, even if her last name wasn't West, I don't like North for a girl.

I hope that she grows up and goes by Kardashian in spite of her father since apparently he was insistent on naming her North.

P*to*the*ORTIA June 24th, 2013 11:56 AM

Nori is cute, North West is ridiculous.

ChicaChels June 24th, 2013 01:02 PM

can you imagine filing out a job application? most employers would probably think it's a joke (not that she will probably ever have to work, but aside from that) or any kind of paperwork...poor kid :(

ImagineOctober June 24th, 2013 02:06 PM

I read that they picked North because nothing is North of North - as in she's the pinnacle, the highest, and that they see her as their "North Star," which, in that perspective, is actually really sweet. That being said, I think the name is WAY too much with the last name of West. I was expecting something ridiculous - just not this out there. I was kinda hoping for a K name, and was interested in what unique K name they could produce, because I don't like very many K names. I was thinking something like Kleopatra "Kleo" which I think would have been totally them.

Aillidh June 24th, 2013 02:15 PM

Nori is cute...North West :rolleyes:

momology June 25th, 2013 07:23 AM

Totally agree with all of you. I think Nori is an adorable nick name but North West. . . really?

ashj_1218 June 25th, 2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImagineOctober (Post 27473500)
I read that they picked North because nothing is North of North - as in she's the pinnacle, the highest, and that they see her as their "North Star," which, in that perspective, is actually really sweet..

Ah, I suppose they wanted to start the entitlement complex with the moment she was named! :rollseyes:

(The North Star part wasn't so bad...just the other parts!)

Seeking Baby Thornburg June 25th, 2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashj_1218 (Post 27472935)
They clearly were not thinking of the child at all when they selected that name. One more thing to make about "them" and not the poor kiddo who has to go through life with the same name as a direction and an airline.

While Nori is pretty cute, I see the whole thing as an attention seeking ploy. Drives me bonkers.

I feel the exact same way. It was about publicity and not about wanting the best for their child. It angers me in a way that DH and I are sitting here childless, but all over the world there are people with children who have them for the wrong reasons.

I think their reason for the name would only make sense if they never plan on having children again. How do you name one child North because they are the pinnacle of your world and then explain that to subsequent children?

I mean, is Kanye going to interrupt his next child someday and be like, "Yo, I'm going to let you finish being my child, but I just have to say North is the best child of all time..."

wifeywright June 25th, 2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeking Baby Thornburg (Post 27476237)

I mean, is Kanye going to interrupt his next child someday and be like, "Yo, I'm going to let you finish being my child, but I just have to say North is the best child of all time..."

^hahahahaha