JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Butting heads with husband over baby names. HELP!!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2667668-butting-heads-husband-over-baby-names-help.html)

Christina Lynette July 24th, 2013 11:10 AM

Butting heads with husband over baby names. HELP!!!!

My husband and I have decided that we want to try for another baby and we were discussing baby names. We have completely different takes on names. I like older sounding names and he likes simple names. We have a 1 year old named Lorelai Paige. He, of course, wasn't to crazy about the first name but since I've been wanting to name a little girl that since I was 14 he said it was fine. Now that we are talking about new names I wish I had more names picked out for as long as I had my daughters. We had no problem with a boys name, Dalton Wayne. But the girls name has been a nightmare. We both like Kara/Cara but we don't agree on the spelling or a middle name. He likes the name Lisa, I don't. I like the name Natalie, he doesn't. I'm about to the point where I'm just going to pick a name myself whether he likes it or not. I would like the first name to be 3 syllables like our daughter. Our last name is Brown. Can anyone make some suggestions?

momology July 24th, 2013 12:24 PM

Re: Butting heads with husband over baby names. HELP!!!!

It is tough when you dont agree :(

Some ideas:

Alexis
Jocelyn
Isabelle
Violet
Alaina
Caroline

Good luck to you!!!

katie27 July 24th, 2013 05:54 PM

I know a Lorelei that has a sister named Gloria, which I think is pretty.

What about...
Ayla
Mara
Coralie
Rosalie
Annabelle - Anne/Anna/Annie/Belle. Lots of options.
Selena- Lena

My fave suggestion to fit style and length is...Delaney and Lorelei

Momtothe6thpower July 24th, 2013 11:40 PM

I think Lorelai and Caroline are perfect! You can nn her Cara.

Middle name ideas...
Caroline Brooke
Caroline Elise
Caroline Sloane
Caroline Mae
Caroline Rose

stiletto_mom July 25th, 2013 09:24 AM

Your choice on spelling for the first name and his choice for the middle (or vice verse).

redbirds July 26th, 2013 08:59 AM

Liesel?

I like Kara/Cara. However, I think the spelling dictates how people may pronounce it. If you are going for car-uh, then it may be better spelled Cara, but if you are going for Kair-uh, then Kara may be the better means.

My DH and I really struggle with names. We're so different in styles. Last pregnancy was so stressful, I almost puked any time I thought of having to name names because we almost actually argued over it. I won in the long run and now, he can't even remember what names were on his list and tells me my name choice (her name) was the best by far :rollseyes:

Anyway. Just keep a running list and maybe only address it every week or two. The fact that you both like a name but can't agree on a spelling is WONDERFUL! MN's will come. I find those easier to agree on.

GL!

ducksaresnazzy July 27th, 2013 09:22 AM

my favorite name of all time is Audraleah Siren (au-druh-lay-uh), Audrey for short. my boyfriend scrapped it right off the bat because he didn't want her to think she was "cool and edgy". so congratulations on sticking to your guns with Lorelai; it's a beautiful name.

we ended up with Yvonne Riley. it's a family name that's different but not too nontraditional. i'd recommend combing your family trees for "older" names with cute nicknames- the sentimental value of a quirky name might win your man over.

as for the middle name, my 4yr old cousin suggested it:p i wouldn't stress too much about middle names. once we had Yvonne we literally paired it with every girl name we knew until we heard Yvonne Riley, and it clicked.