JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Boy names for girls... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2672268-boy-names-for-girls.html)

katie27 August 14th, 2013 09:42 AM

Boy names for girls...

I heard Hudson for a girl today and really like it! Wdyt? The other option is Charlotte nn Charlie, we definitely like the boy names for girls thing.

Verity Jean August 14th, 2013 11:29 AM

Re: Boy names for girls...

I can't stand boys names on girls. I don't understand it at all.

ducksaresnazzy August 14th, 2013 11:57 AM

i like Harlie for a girl, or Hunter.. Riley/ Ryen.

redbirds August 14th, 2013 12:33 PM

Not so much Hudson, but I know lots of Charlotte's nn Charlie (or Lottie). I have a couple of unisex names for this girl, but they aren't unheard of on a girl, and aren't popular, either, so when I poll people, they either have never heard of the name, thus couldn't "assign" a gender, or it was a mixed bag of boy/girl guesses.

Names that are pretty boyish to me are names like Logan, Ryan (Rylie is OK for a girl, I think), Keaton... but I have heard them on girls and eh, so be it :) I don't think anything of it anymore, especially if paired with a super sweet feminine mn.

momology August 14th, 2013 12:52 PM

If I saw Hudson on paper I would assume boy - I like Charlie as a nn for Charlotte a lot!! I also really like the name Ryann for a girl.

katie27 August 14th, 2013 02:16 PM

My 6'2" 260 lb brother's name is Keaton aha. Couldn't picture it on a girl! So funny how our encounters effect our name tastes.

redbirds August 14th, 2013 02:38 PM

^^ Exactly. My brother is 6'4" and was a lineman in football in college. His name is Morgan. I can NEVER see Morgan on a girl ;) but I know it's a popular girl name, too (wasn't back in his day!)

gustka48 August 14th, 2013 02:39 PM

I think some boys names on girls, most of them are cute. I like the Hudson, but I just can't picture it on a girl.

However, if you really like the boy names and girls you could just name her Charlie, Charlee, Charleigh.

babybatax2 August 15th, 2013 07:41 AM

Rylan is a boys name, but it's my daughters. To me it sounds girly!

sandel07 August 15th, 2013 07:29 PM

When I was pregnant with Ella we considered Easton or Elliot for a boy. Now if I were to have another girl I think her name would be Eastyn.

katie27 August 15th, 2013 07:33 PM

I know a girl Easton, super cute!

lnelson0032 August 15th, 2013 09:21 PM

I like Logan and Danni for a girl :)

Kelsie August 15th, 2013 10:23 PM

Having done it, I would say don't. My daughter hates that she has a boys name. A clearly boys name. She doesn't like being the only girl with a boy name, so we've considered going more unisex for this girl. But we're just having a tough time with it. Why do that to another girl?

mrsjl August 16th, 2013 10:56 AM

my friend has a girl named Loghan.