JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   This or that (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2677303-a.html)

katie27 September 7th, 2013 12:42 PM

This or that

Getting soo excited for the little one! Struggling with names.

Cora Beatrice or Charlotte "Charlie" Beatrice

Henry Brian or Gabriel Brian?

Other names we like; Josephine "Josie", Emma Katerine "Emma-Kate", Desmond, Malcolm, Everett, Finn.

Last name sounds like "Noise". Other suggestions? One other thing...I am Katie, hubby is Corey. Is Katie, Corey, Cora kind of ridiculous? Or one of those things people will rarely notice?

Momtothe6thpower September 7th, 2013 05:54 PM

Re: This or that

I think people will notice Corey and Cora. Which isn't bad but I think it might get confusing. Like if your at the other end of the house and you yell for Corey, Cora may think your calling her. I would go with Charlotte Beatrice.
Just a thought, but I really love Beatrice Cora!!

Henry Brian! I also like Everett Brian.

You have a great list!

momology September 9th, 2013 09:47 AM

I agree with the PP - I think it is fine but it could get a little confusing. I love those names!!! I think Charlotte Beatrice and Henry Brian are my faves. I also LOVE Everett and Finn :)

Jessifer September 9th, 2013 10:14 AM

My girl name was Coralie so I'm very partial to Cora, although I have to agree that Cora/Corey can be confusing.

butterfly721 September 10th, 2013 07:05 PM

I like Charlotte and Henry. :)

LvMyLaxKid September 11th, 2013 07:30 AM

I LOVE Cora (it's my Grandma's name), but I do think it's a little too close to Cory. It might get a little confusing. Which is funny, because my Aunt named her son Cory, to honor my Grandma. ;)

I'm not sure how important popularity is to you, but Charlotte is getting more and more popular. And there is a Disney show called "Good Luck Charlie" and the little girl's real name is Charlotte. So, that may make it even MORE popular. Same goes for Emma, it's extremely common and popular now days. But, if it doesn't bother you, go for it. :)

What about these combos:

Charlotte Cora (both Cs, but have different sounds, so they work)
Josephine Cora (love Josie!)
Beatrice Cora (I think Bea would make a cute nn)

For a boy, I like Gabriel Brian from your choices. But, I really love Finn & Everett!! Henry is pretty popular now too, if that makes any difference.

Nothing wrong with common names, I just tend to sway towards names that are unique and refreshing. ;)

katie27 September 11th, 2013 05:14 PM

I know! I am really sad they are so common. My husband is obsessed with Charlotte. Charlotte Cora was the fave from the beginning, but we got a little worried that down the line if we used Charlotte, we'd want Cora for the next girl and it would be sitting there in the middle spot. I was hoping the Emma-Kate double name made it a little more unique. I just want a really classy girl name with a spunky middle name. Bea is something to think about. Thanks for your comments!

ashj_1218 September 11th, 2013 07:04 PM

I *might* be excessively partial to Josephine ;)

I do really like Charlotte and I am in love with Gabriel. I have tried twice to put that on our list for a baby boy and both times DH shot it down. But I plan to try again :P

I am seeing an increase in Cora lately, so I don't know it's less common than some of the others. I can
list four baby Cora's and two Charlottes (one of whom goes by something else entirely). But I think it's a regional thing. My sons name is pretty popular according to the SSA, but we don't know more than 2-3 others, much like most names with average popularity.

I do think Cora is a little close to Corey. I do think it would be awesome as a middle though, since it is a great namesake for him in girly form!