JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   what would you do (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2684755-what-would-you-do.html)

topato October 9th, 2013 10:03 PM

what would you do

...i found out (through social media) what a pregnant friend of mine is going to name her kid, and the first name is nice, and so is the middle. honestly, there is nothing wrong with either separately. but, when they are put together, they sound like a fairly obvious pop culture reference. and i honestly am not sure if it was intentional.

now, i will be seeing this friend soon, and am worried about what to do when the subject of her name choice comes up, since its bound to.

it can go two ways....

if i ask about it, and it WAS intentional, i think shed be glad we caught the pun.

but it is equally possible that it was NOT intentional, and my pointing out the reference will make her very upset that she accidentally chose a pun for her child's name. but... at least she'd be aware that it's a pun?

what would you do? and, if you were in the shoes of my pregnant friend, what would you want me to do?

smithwillsam October 10th, 2013 12:55 AM

Re: what would you do

I love the name, Miles is classic and pretty but not overused. I like it Another reason, because it is either way still a cute girl name ages well.

adi&co. October 10th, 2013 11:09 AM

i think we need to know what the name is! lol

topato October 10th, 2013 01:14 PM

hanna quinn. i cant read it without immediately thinking skywalker. either my friend agreed to purposely name her daughter for darth vader, or her husband hit the geek jackpot and isnt telling her. because, regardless of whether or not she realizes it, he's a comic con kinda guy... he knows.

adi&co. October 10th, 2013 05:48 PM

bahahahaha that's funny! Sounds like something my best friend would do. i should tell her. she'd probably love it! lolol!

as for your friend... You might do something like buy her a starwars onesie and say "to match her name!" and gauge how she takes it. i would assume she knows, to be honest

ashj_1218 October 10th, 2013 06:36 PM

^^Id totally do that. Get a super-cute Star Wars onesie and be like "I couldn't resist this when I heard your name choice!" And see what she does/says. It's not malicious and you are expressing excitement over the name (in case it was intentional).

Mrs.Julie October 11th, 2013 10:19 AM

Just ask her to tell you all about the name. If its intentional, youll find out. If I were her, I wouldn't care its kind of cool. And its a great name.

topato October 11th, 2013 07:24 PM

yep, my worry is that she will take my asking as being malicious, regardless. so, approaching it with enthusiasm will at least clear it up in my mind. thank you!