JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   tall order! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2686714-tall-order.html)

ducksaresnazzy October 18th, 2013 10:08 AM

tall order!

right now, my baby's name is Yvonne Dianne Gerow. i'm not fond of it.

i would prefer a longer, glamorous, beautiful name. Yvonne has to stay. Dianne can go. i would prefer it start with an "m" or "l", but that's not really important. i have a little more than a month to find a name i love. the name we have has too many "n"s and doesn't flow well. oh, and Yvonne can be the first or middle name. that's not important either, it just has to be in the name.

if it helps, my first choice for her name was Audraleah Siren. baby daddy said no because i made up the name Audraleah, which means it's not a name, and Sirens aren't well represented in mythical lore. seriously.

anyway, any suggestions?

mrsjl October 18th, 2013 10:22 AM

Re: tall order!

Stella Yvonne
Marla Yvonne
Amelia Yvonne
Lila Yvonne
Marielle Yvonne

ImagineOctober October 18th, 2013 02:22 PM

*Ceres (seer-ees) Yvonne
Evangeline Yvonne
Liliana Yvonne
*Isis Yvone
Madeline Yvonne

I threw in a few *mythological names for ya.

adi&co. October 20th, 2013 12:12 AM

You made me think of elves when I was reading that and elves makes me think of tolkein. Galadrielle Yvonne or Arwen Yvonne.

I also did a quick search for girl names in Greek mythology

Greek Mythological Names | Greek Mythological Girl Names | Baby Names | Parents Connect

Momtothe6thpower October 20th, 2013 10:57 AM

Magdalena
Mattea
Morgana
Mirabelle

Lorelei
Leandra
Leatrice
Liana
Linnea

ashj_1218 October 22nd, 2013 08:40 AM

Everleigh (Everly) Yvonne
Marina Yvonne
Lydia Yvonne
Serena Yvonne
Audrey Yvonne

Mrs.Julie October 22nd, 2013 12:57 PM

Listen to me!!! Name YOUR baby something you love! I let the father name my first and I spent a lot of time regretting it (and crying over it for weeks after she was born). Even if y'all compromise, and decide on something you both really like, that is eons better than a name you don't care for. By the way, ask any girl who wasn't named what her mother wanted and they wish they had that name. I do agree audraleah is very long and made up sounding. How about Audra Leah Yvonne. I think that's beautiful. But she's your little girl so you must love her name. Good luck!

momology October 23rd, 2013 03:53 PM

I really like these M names paired with Yvonne:

Marissa Yvonne
Maddalena Yvonne
Maliyah Yvonne
Marabel Yvonne
Maricia Yvonne
Melina Yvonne

I had a harder time with L names. . . here were some I liked though:
Lanara Yvonne
Levinia Yvonne
Larissa Yvonne

GingerMomof3 October 24th, 2013 08:28 AM

I think Audraleah is a very pretty name! I sort of made up my DD name also. I named her Brynlea (Brinley). I saw the name Brynn & liked it but wanted it to sound more feminine, so I added my mother's middle name Lea (Lee) to the end and LOVED it. Her father did not, however. And said so over and over. But i didn't care because I knew that was "THE name" for her....of course a year or two later, I found out that I didn't in fact make it up myself because there are several other little girls in our town with this name now, just spelled differently. Any who, I digress! (Lol). I agree with the lady above that says to pick what YOU love because you won't feel satisfied otherwise. Maybe you could do what we did, I got to name and call her Brynlea and I let her dad pick her middle name (Gabrielle). Good luck!!

topato October 24th, 2013 12:31 PM

there are legitimate names similar to audraleah.

audrianne, audrielle, and audrina, for example. all three are of german origin, and are related to audra and audrey.

though, i think you could easily get away with audralina.

aw-drah-lee-nah

it's sooo close to audrina,

aw-dree-nah

which is a real name, and is your audraleah, with an extra "nah" syllable.

----i got the three i suggested from babynamespedia.com. go here... Baby Girl Names: A at Baby Names Pedia - Page 283

283 (and a few pages before) is round about where you want to look for audra and audrey names.

GOOD LUCK!!

sunqueen October 24th, 2013 02:24 PM

Adea Yvonne