JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Would love suggestions! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2687632-would-love-suggestions.html)

GingerMomof3 October 22nd, 2013 05:58 PM

Would love suggestions!

My husband and I are still in the TTC phase right now....but I LOVE picking out baby names. We are really hoping for a boy (since we already have 2 girls) and have already decided on the name Silas for the first name. (and no we didn't pick that because of Duck Dynasty, lol). Our only problem is that we can not settle on a middle name. We can't agree on anything and I've gone thru a huge list of suggestions. Does anyone have any names that flow with Silas? We like older sounding names.
Just a side note, I believe we have decided on Eliza Jo if we do have a girl :) ) thanks in advance for any tips and for reading this!

mkljmom October 22nd, 2013 08:51 PM

Re: Would love suggestions!

Since Silas is non-traditional (not weird...I love it!) But not common, I like it paired with something classic like...

Silas Anthony
Silas Matthew
Silas William <-maybe TOO Duck Dynasty? :p
Silas Gregory
Silas Joseph

Maybe look at grandparents and gr-grandparents for inspiration?

UncetainMommy October 22nd, 2013 09:05 PM

Oh that's a nice name. Hmm, how about;

Silas Wilfred
Silas Marcone
Silas Reginald

momology October 23rd, 2013 02:05 PM

Silas Oliver
Silas Levi
Silas Jude

A lot of names pair well with Silas - I agree you could look to grandparents for inspiration :)

GingerMomof3 October 23rd, 2013 07:02 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, there were a lot of good ones that appeal to me! I really like Jude, and I've never thought of that before! Now the trick is to get the hubby to agree with me eventually, lol.

MrsEskimo October 27th, 2013 07:27 AM

I love Victorian names. If you google "popular victorian names" you'll find some great lists to peruse.

white.house October 27th, 2013 07:50 PM

I have a Jude, so I think that's a great choice ;) It flows well together... Here are some more suggestions:

Silas Dean
Silas Alexander
Silas James
Silas Case
Silas Cole
Silas Odin
Silas William

GingerMomof3 October 28th, 2013 08:56 AM

I really like Cole and Alexander or even Xander & that was my great-grandfather's name but of course he doesn't care for it, lol. He did like Jude or Oliver tho, so those have made our short list of possibilities!

Jlynn October 30th, 2013 05:15 PM

My friend has I Silas Corbin! He is a cutie!