JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Honest Opinions on our Boys name please (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2691828-honest-opinions-our-boys-name-please.html)

JandJC November 12th, 2013 08:50 AM

Honest Opinions on our Boys name please

Hi :) We have a 6 month old - Emmett Christopher, and recently found out we are expecting baby boy #2.

I'm looking for a name similar to Emmett....somewhat old fashioned, not too common, etc.

Hubs and I really like Warren Joseph. However we are getting horrible feedback.

I don't necessairly care if people don't like our choice, but honestly I am second guessing it a little. Is it too weird? Too uncommon, etc? Is it a bad sibling choice for Emmett?

I'm looking for honest feedback!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Rainbow Momma November 12th, 2013 09:11 AM

Re: Honest Opinions on our Boys name please

Its classic, i like it! The only thing i can see happening is immediately when i saw it, Warren Jeffs popped into my head. So name assosciation would be the only bad thing

mrsjl November 12th, 2013 09:48 AM

Honestly? I think it's a perfect sibling name for Emmett Christopher. I have a solution for your trouble, though, stop telling people what you like until he's here and named ;)

JandJC November 12th, 2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbow Momma (Post 27793050)
Its classic, i like it! The only thing i can see happening is immediately when i saw it, Warren Jeffs popped into my head. So name assosciation would be the only bad thing

Yes, that is exactly what my mom said! LOL. Also "Warren G" the rapper and "Warren Sapp" the football player.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsjl (Post 27793143)
Honestly? I think it's a perfect sibling name for Emmett Christopher. I have a solution for your trouble, though, stop telling people what you like until he's here and named ;)

Thanks Lori! I don't share with just anyone, but definitely our immediate families. They are obsessed with personalizing stuff. They may just have to deal with it!

white.house November 12th, 2013 11:24 AM

Ummm..... I LOVE it! Emmett and Warren go perfectly together IMO. I love the style too! Really, most first names can have associations, so that's a nonissue to me:

Jennifer.... Aniston, Lawrence
Michael.... Douglas, Keaton
Cash.... Johnny
Silas.... Si from Duck Dynasty
the list could go on an on! So I wouldn't worry about it!

My2miracles November 12th, 2013 12:55 PM

I really like it. Fits your naming style perfectly.

I started to doubt dd's 1st name because of other people. I even hesitated when filling out her birth certificate and had that moment of "will I regret this" as I handed the paperwork to the nurse. 11 years later I'm so glad I went with what I wanted. Her name fits her perfectly and no other name would have done.

Bria'sMommy November 12th, 2013 03:55 PM

I like it!! I think Warren goes great with Emmettt!

Oops, Emmett!

ladybugmomma November 13th, 2013 09:32 AM

Emmett is my number 1 right now and warren is on my list.
They go amazing together! I do not take in family opinions!

Jlynn November 13th, 2013 07:28 PM

I honestly LOVE it and it is a perfect sib set.

ashj_1218 November 13th, 2013 08:20 PM

I think they fit really well together. And although it's not my style, I think it's a great name. I think it has far fewer negative associations than some of the other names that are very popular right now (and by "negative" I mean simply a famous person sharing a name or something that people would think of upon hearing the name).

And P.S.: I have no idea who Warren Jeffs is. Or Sapps (we aren't football fans). Or the rapper. Lol. So some people might not associate it at all.

*Leslie* November 14th, 2013 06:45 PM

I immediately thought Warren Jeffs as well. I wouldn't have if it had a middle name that didn't start with a J though, so maybe if you're worried about everyone associating it with that, make the middle name a non-J name. I think Warren and Emmett go really well together, it's just the Warren J.... that may get people when they hear it said out-loud.
But if you love it, don't worry about others. All of the boy names we like, my family dislikes. At the end of the day, it's your decision and they'll never say another word about it once baby is here.