JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Baby Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/)
-   -   Help with baby names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f81-baby-names/2694632-help-baby-names.html)

amber6 November 25th, 2013 10:59 AM

Help with baby names

What do you guys think of this name for my son :

The father and I are engaged but do not know how we are going to work the last name.. I am definitely going to take his last name, just not sure if i want to drop mine. When naming my son... does he get only his fathers last name or can I give him mine as well??

Matteo Antonio Emanuel

OR

Matteo Antonio Zanfordino-Emanuel

help ????

Rainbow Momma November 25th, 2013 11:15 AM

Re: Help with baby names

You can do whatever with his last name that you want as long as you and the father agree. There's nothing set in stone that the baby has to hve the father's last name so if you wanna give him your last name as well, go for it!

The only thing with having the hypened last name is that its just really long, thats really the only downside

amber6 November 25th, 2013 11:57 AM

Its extremely long!!! lol. we will have to compromise.

My2miracles November 27th, 2013 11:06 AM

I'm not a fan of hyphenated names for anyone but I think it's too long for a young kid. Why not use your maiden name as a middle name?

amanda.waters December 20th, 2013 05:17 AM

Matteo Antonio Zanfordino-Emanuel

butterfly721 December 20th, 2013 01:48 PM

You can absolutely give the baby both of your last names if you can both agree, but like the other posters said, hyphenated last names can be really long.

smsturner December 20th, 2013 01:51 PM

I say do what you both want. But that is quite a mouthful! :)

Noyoki December 21st, 2013 12:55 AM

We are using my name as the middle and his name as the last.

we don't have to figure out a middle name and we both use ours ^_^

ducksaresnazzy December 21st, 2013 07:26 PM

if you are going to take the father's name anyway, i would give the baby his name. that way, when everything is said and done, you all have the same last name.

BUT, if you are going to hyphenate your own last name, then i would hyphenate his as well. if it's even a thought in your mind, you may regret later not doing his.

and since you're having a boy i would like to echo the suggestion of doing your maiden name as a middle, even if it gives him two middle names. he'll be writing his last name more often than his full name, so if you must have it in there, that's where i would put it.

amberbanegas January 25th, 2014 10:40 AM

Which last name is yours? In the Spanish culture YOUR last name will be last… Not your BFs last name. IE: Amber Dawn Banegas-Zapata (First, Middle, Father, Mother) Seems like Italian or Spanish (OR BOTH) so I am just throwing out my .02 cents.